Wood Chipper Advice

REDLYNER

Mall Crawling Race Rig
Need to pick up a wood chipper, non commercial grade but definitely going to put it to work. Prob like a $500 to $700 budget, mostly because that seems to be where most of them fall.

Anyone have a brand they love? Brands or models they would avoid?

Rent, unless your gonna take this up as a hobby or employment. I doubt the hair gel will like either.
Rent a size larger than you need. It'll never grunt and would be sipping Whit Claw in half the time.

I've been curious of the same but will need it in spurts so doesn't make as much sense to rent for me. @jeepinmatt what say ye?

Are we talking branches and brushy stuff? I chipped everything from 4-5 inches and down. What was equivalent to a couple dump truck loads of brush. It went quick enough I was trimming more stuff before the end of the day and next. Weekend rentals are where it is at for me.

Bigger machine. No maintenance. No additional gas motors to store. No head ache. Sharp blades, power in feed and a chute to put it in or where I wanted it.

I have considered a PTO version as one to own. But I also have a 50 horse PTO đźšś.

How big is the material and how much is there?
I have a Bandit 250XP 12" capacity that could probably be rented or I could come chip it for you. But im also happy to give as unbiased of a recommendation as I can.

I have a MTD model, 6hp I think. Probably doesn’t have 3 hrs on it since I bought it new. Been sitting inside for a few years so probably needs car cleaned or replaced. $150

Just remembered my parents had a DR Chipper for years. Sold it to @shawn like 6-8 years ago. It was a good one, but you have to trim off pretty much any forks, and hand feeding everything through it makes your hands ache.

or

It would be for our land, we discussed renting, but also didn’t want to rush. It’s for clearing debris from mostly cut down holly trees (shooting lanes). The logs are fine to stack, but forks and tree tops make a huge mess on the ground. So we wanted to shred those up.

Back