WORKDAYS @ HORSEPOWER PARK (NEW PARK)

jaybird1ton

The Flats Offroad Park
We have some great news! We have teamed up w/ HORSEPOWER PARK to open up a NEW OFFROAD PARK in MORGANTON NC! This will be a challenge but we need YOUR HELP! If you would like to help cut trails, make obstacles & get some traffic on existing trails be there 9am on Oct.19th &/or 9am Nov.16th. We will split into groups so bring rigs, saws, track hoes, dozers, dump trucks, hand tools, tractors, skid steers or whatever ya got & are willing to help w/! Address is 2900 Racetrack St. Morganton NC. Check out & like HORSEPOWER PARK for info on upcoming events!

Just to be the devil’s advocate... I did this at The SHOP and heard stories from guys that did it at The FLATS.

Something about a broken record...

Just to be the devil’s advocate... I did this at The SHOP and heard stories from guys that did it at The FLATS.

Something about a broken record...
I feel the same way about New Orleans, Atlanta, Charleston, Notre Dame......

So what does all this free labor, equipment, and fuel buy the “volunteers”? What’s Horsepower Park offering? I just think it’s very telling that the guy advertising this place and asking for volunteers still reps The FLATS in his profile pic and tag line. It’s like asking for help and reminding the help not to come all in the same post.

So what does all this free labor, equipment, and fuel buy the “volunteers”? What’s Horsepower Park offering? I just think it’s very telling that the guy advertising this place and asking for volunteers still reps The FLATS in his profile pic and tag line. It’s like asking for help and reminding the help not to come all in the same post.
There is the possibility that The Flats will come back once the pipeline project is over so maybe lighten up a little. It's hard enough to open a park in NC without us shooting each other in the foot because "feelings".

There is the possibility that The Flats will come back once the pipeline project is over so maybe lighten up a little. It's hard enough to open a park in NC without us shooting each other in the foot because "feelings".

This ain’t about feelings. I got history. We lost The SHOP. The FLATS was just plain shutdown without warning, and I hear, without refunds to those that were paid in. I’ll gladly buy my pass each day I wheel and support a local park, but ain’t nothing in this world free.

I'm posting up for Horsepower Park because I am helping with the layout and design of the off road park so if anyone wants to come hang out or help out you are welcome to. The faster the trails get opened up the faster we get to play so I'm choosing to help the cause and not getting paid a dime for it. C yall Saturday!

This ain’t about feelings. I got history. We lost The SHOP. The FLATS was just plain shutdown without warning, and I hear, without refunds to those that were paid in. I’ll gladly buy my pass each day I wheel and support a local park, but ain’t nothing in this world free.
It was shutdown without warning to Jason also. Perhaps the passes weren't refunded and will be continued once the park opens back up.
Working for free is kind of the definition of volunteering.

I also have some of the same history. I joined the rock Corp to ride at the shop paid by dues and about 4 months later the shop closed. I got to ride there one time for that money. But not once have I been on here bitching about it like I have seen others do. Sometimes it needs to be said to people that they need to grow the F up.

I also have some of the same history. I joined the rock Corp to ride at the shop paid by dues and about 4 months later the shop closed. I got to ride there one time for that money. But not once have I been on here bitching about it like I have seen others do. Sometimes it needs to be said to people that they need to grow the F up.

So before I respond, you telling me that I’m on here bitching and I need to grow the F up?

So before I respond, you telling me that I’m on here bitching and I need to grow the F up?
Pretty much, your not the only one though.
It may be a little harsh and if I ever see you on the trail I'll still say hey and help in any way I can if you need it. But all this whining about a park closing when it was out of the guys hands is ridiculous.
When the shop closed I didn't blame rock corps, I knew it was out of their handsthe land owner went crazy. I never asked for a refund either, it is what it is.
Step back take a breath and think about it, Jason didn't own the land so he didn't make the choice. I'm hoping the money wasn't refunded because he believes the flats may open again. In the meantime he is trying to help open up another playground.

Pretty much, your not the only one though.
It may be a little harsh and if I ever see you on the trail I'll still say hey and help in any way I can if you need it. But all this whining about a park closing when it was out of the guys hands is ridiculous.
When the shop closed I didn't blame rock corps, I knew it was out of their handsthe land owner went crazy. I never asked for a refund either, it is what it is.
Step back take a breath and think about it, Jason didn't own the land so he didn't make the choice. I'm hoping the money wasn't refunded because he believes the flats may open again. In the meantime he is trying to help open up another playground.

Well lemme tell you what fer then...

Rock Corps is/was a non profit club. Every dollar raised on rides went back into the property or provided betterment for the community. That brotherhood is what built The Flats and then built The Shop. I’m a member, paid my dues, and had a key to the property. I volunteered my time, labor, equipment, you name it to that brotherhood. This new place is a business. To my knowledge, they’re not offering anything in return for the services of this brotherhood. If a year goes by and they’re not making enough money, they can close the doors. As for the circumstances behind the closing of The Flats, if you’ve got info about it, please share and post it up because I haven’t seen or heard any facts.

Also, if you’re in the habit of working for free, swing on by my place sometime. I’ll put you to work.

Also, if you’re in the habit of working for free, swing on by my place sometime. I’ll put you to work.

Per your own post you have more time to work for free than I do.

The closing of the flats had already been disclosed on here in other threads. Just have to read it.

Looks like business and pleasure got mixed up here. @BigSouth. Maybe a phone call or a knock on the barn door will get the answers you seek.
On another note a legit business shouldn't be seeking "help" from an outside "promotional advocate".
It reeks of politics and favortism.
A paid venue doesn't need any of this bad pr.

If they want "help" it should be a select few not solicitated in public for a contracted benefit. Or else feelings, favortism, and butt hurt ensues.

@Paul speaks the TRUTH !!! lil' sista luvs yooouuuu

Hope to see some peeps there! There again this is totally voluntary as I am volunteering my time and experience. I am not getting paid to do this but i do love off roading and I am ready to have a close place to wheel and I know you guys are too!! See ya there!

If they want "help" it should be a select few not solicitated in public for a contracted benefit. Or else feelings, favortism, and butt hurt ensues.
I don't see anything wrong with asking public for help with getting a place ready to wheel/make trails/clean up, etc. etc. In my view, and as Jason stated, for those who love something and are so passionate about it, putting in some "free" "voluntary" time into that said hobby/sport/activity/place is nothing short of what I personally see as "the thing to do" and forget about the money and politics and all that nonsense. Why everything always got to be about money??? I don't make a lot of money but I gladly paid for membership at the flats even though I might have only gone like few times...it's the fact of supporting an awesome local place for me to go when I can and know I'm contributing to the availability of it's operation. Yeah it might have closed for now or forever but at least I know I contributed to the help of it remaining for the years that I did.
We all know the "Off Road scene" is already looked down upon by "organizations" and always looking for reasons to shut us down, so parks are more limited than ever these days. A new or existing place looking for volunteers is an awesome way for them and the public/lovers of the sport to connect and work together to build/maintain such place. So what if somewhere in the process things get hazy or drama or even don't work out...that's life. Work, life, family, hobbies everything has problems and drama and issues but we all deal with them everyday and we all have a choice of how we deal with them. For years of attending the Flats and several times at the Shop, it mind boggled me of how much "drama" talking I always overheard ...I just turned the other way and kept going. I'm not there to gossip and get into the "drama"...I'm there to do my passion and have fun doing it and not let anyone take it away from me!!
And a New Park or Existing Park asking for help is not benefiting them, it benefits the users more than anything which is us!! Again, if you love something you make time for it and put time into it no matter who or what circumstances might try and stop/prevent you and you love that sport/hobby so much, you leave the drama at the door and focus on your passion (unless of course something really crazy or must deal with occurs). I'm sure there is "favoritism", "partiality" and whatever other "nonsense" involved with past/present/future Off Road Parks just as you would have with anything else in life but this is supposed to be our thing....our getaway place to escape the world, escape reality, escape stress and burdens and be just you-the woods-and your rig having an all out blast. Life is full of so much crap already so why let that stuff enter in the place where it's supposed to be free from that just for that moment. This should be a time with our rigs and friends/family to enjoy each other and the sport!!! (I will add should not be a time to get drunk at night and act a fool either or drinking during the day wheeling too as I've seen so many do. That's disrespectful to the owner of the Park, and disrespectful to everyone there because if the person drinking did something stupid, got hurt, required medical attention and ambulance/police were called to the place, then since alcohol/whatever was involved would again give the park and community more bad image as it already has, just sayin).

Hope to see some peeps there! There again this is totally voluntary as I am volunteering my time and experience. I am not getting paid to do this but i do love off roading and I am ready to have a close place to wheel and I know you guys are too!! See ya there!
I'm very exited for this new place!! I'm sorry I won't make it tomorrow but thank you for your time and help in getting a new place setup!!

Back