WORKDAYS @ HORSEPOWER PARK (NEW PARK)

Those look like the existing Hill climbs that mid East uses for their races . They'd be dumb to go in and ruin the one thing that brings thousands of people to Antioch each year, hopefully not messing the hare scramble course up too much.
I don't know from what they were told by the previous owner ain't nobody been back there in like 15 years. And I could pretty much agree that ain't nobody been back there in forever. I'm not saying you're wrong I just don't see how that could be the case but none the less I mean the hardcore group is looking for a place to go, this will definitely give them a place to have fun on some really nice hill climbs and I don't see ruining them... more traffic they get the harder they get the more fun they get isn't that the whole purpose of things and that's what people seem to love especially at the flats.
But I don't know anything about that specific topic

this will definitely give them a place to have fun on some really nice hill climbs and I don't see ruining them... more traffic they get the harder they get
Let's read that one more time just to make sure I get it...

Those look like the existing Hill climbs that mid East uses for their races . They'd be dumb to go in and ruin the one thing that brings thousands of people to Antioch each year, hopefully not messing the hare scramble course up too much.
Those are the hill climbs we race hare scrambles on and yes on race weekends there are well over 500+ riders that show up at $40 a pop. They would shoot themselves in the foot and wallet messing that course up.

Those are the hill climbs we race hare scrambles on and yes on race weekends there are well over 500+ riders that show up at $40 a pop. They would shoot themselves in the foot and wallet messing that course up.
Oh well dang. I guess it's good to know that some of y'all know it does have some good potential. I will definitely bring this to their attention, I'm pretty sure they're not aware of this

The property isn't very big there are maybe 20 acres of woods, might look into bringing in some big rocks for the infield or go cart track areas. What's being done with the track/infield currently?

I've saw nothing much in ol Carolina draw as much annual support as the hare scrambles or round track racing. Not since Telico host the jamborees have anything close to the numbers we are comparing have occurred at a sustained 4wd event. Those hare scrambles also support multiple venues often twice a year for two separate santions too, Mid East and the North Carolina group.

I've came across pretty negative on this thread. But this seems like a good thing for a "Farm Play Ground". This will give local folks a goofing around area. Its gonna be tough to attract out of state support without miles or a really good network and some distance.

It sounds more like a goal to build a "Hill Killer" race venue with the hopes of drawing crowds.
Per..the let em eat, wear it in, turn the buggies loose sorta speak I am reading. If so in reality the numbers could be fewer than UNF annually. Which then steers me right back to "HORSE POWER PARK".

Hey. Didn't these folks have Monster Truck ties? I see a similar line of thought. A few big show boats, publicity, and crowds.

The property isn't very big there are maybe 20 acres of woods, might look into bringing in some big rocks for the infield or go cart track areas. What's being done with the track/infield currently?
They have monster trucks so that is their "Main event" but with lots of other things as well. I don't want to go into it since we've talked a bunch about all kinds of plans and don't want to put anything out there that isn't going to be a guarantee. I know the off road park is a thing for small to big rigs, over time there will be rocks/boulders brought in for rack gardens and obstacle courses. There will be camping, with plans to have 15spots with running water and power. They have lots of great awesome "interactive" type plan of events and such for the place but of course too early to really mention those things.
I do know they won't be doing dirt track racing...reasons I will leave unspoken.
I know there will be Mud Bog race in the center of the track...infield plans are to have jumps/courses/etc for buggies and such to do stuff, then for the MOnster trucks obviously and I'm sure more to add...just forgot we've talked so much lol. That's all I have for info that I care to mention since it's the only info that I know will take place.

But this seems like a good thing for a "Farm Play Ground". This will give local folks a goofing around area. Its gonna be tough to attract out of state support without miles or a really good network and some distance.
At this point, it will "I guess" start as like a Uwharrie type mixed with Gulches tracks until it takes off and we keep making new stuff. There will over time be WAY more to offer than Uwaharrie but will take time...there's a lot more than 20 acres of places to make trails lol. tons of work

anyone care to further input on the "hare scramble" races held in these Hill Climbs. All I can find on it is the dirt track, quads, dirt bikes stuff but nothing on buggy races on those hill climbs. I'm just trying to learn about it some more to look into it and discuss with owners if it seems like a real deal thing and if possible, how to plan accordingly. Thanks

ok I'm finally finding videos of this stuff...thought you were talking buggies not dirt bikes lol. They mentioned doing separate events for bikes and quads so maybe still can get into this. As for "messing it up"...all we're doing is making everything that is there wide enough for any rig to ride through safely so they can attract all levels of drivers and rigs...if anything, the way one mountain looks now, if they did a dirt bike race, would make it more fun and challenging being they would be able to pass each other with the much wider cut through on a lot of sections and overall safer without as many trees to run into lol.

I personally think Buggy Races on these hill climbs would be freaking awesome...everyone loved them at the Flats and put on a heck of a show. With a little more cutting, would be easy to clear out more room in the "wasteland" lol, for parking/lining up. Most of it so far is pretty hard bottom minus few places. At the top, pretty open with minimal trees to cut for spectators and parking. Not sure if it'll happen but I would love to see it personally and think it would make a great event

I wonder if the owners know they have dirtbike races there?

I wonder if the owners know they have dirtbike races there?
obviously not otherwise they would've mentioned it. Having that said, they're "purpose" for the park beside their own land to live on with their kids is for Monster Truck shows and off roading. So not saying they wouldn't be open to it, but the focus from what I've gathered is Monster trucks, Off Road Park, Go Kart race track for kids and teens, Mud Bog Race, *Buggy Races/Challenges*(in thought), camping with possible future cabins/campers, some swort of races on the dirt track but not actual "dirt track cars", and few other "ideas" but those are the current "plans" I've heard and I agree lol. (Personally I agree because well, bikes and ATVs have tons of places everywhere to ride but we (jeeps/trucks/buggies) have nothing in this area now so I'm sure this will be a big hit for the normal off roading crowd within a hr drive of this place to come play and over time, get even more serious.

I watched a video of a whole race in 3/2/2016 there and DAIUUM...crazy ass dirt bikers LOL haulin through them woods, several about whacked a tree many times lol. More guts than I have on those things hehe. I'll stick with my crawler!!

It's not, hard bottom with standing water. but we made a trail that goes all along the bottom of that mountain for access to each Hill climb
Even if it is hard bottom, I would work to get the water to drain off.... Hard bottom will turn into a muddy mess quickly after a lot of vehicle traffic. A little work now to get the water off could save a ton of headache later.

obviously not otherwise they would've mentioned it. Having that said, they're "purpose" for the park beside their own land to live on with their kids is for Monster Truck shows and off roading. So not saying they wouldn't be open to it, but the focus from what I've gathered is Monster trucks, Off Road Park, Go Kart race track for kids and teens, Mud Bog Race, *Buggy Races/Challenges*(in thought), camping with possible future cabins/campers, some swort of races on the dirt track but not actual "dirt track cars", and few other "ideas" but those are the current "plans" I've heard and I agree lol. (Personally I agree because well, bikes and ATVs have tons of places everywhere to ride but we (jeeps/trucks/buggies) have nothing in this area now so I'm sure this will be a big hit for the normal off roading crowd within a hr drive of this place to come play and over time, get even more serious.
It would be good to have someone that's reached bikes there to come and walk the course with the owners.

Being able to preserve multiple income streams for the owner only helps to make this a place that can stay open to us for a long time.

I watched a video of a whole race in 3/2/2016 there and DAIUUM...crazy ass dirt bikers LOL haulin through them woods, several about whacked a tree many times lol. More guts than I have on those things hehe. I'll stick with my crawler!!
This is why all of us whom have raced on two wheels could sense a genuine disconnect. The two types of courses don't blend well at all long term. As for passing lanes and width you have to spectate and run a few to get what really happens on a wide open hill climbs. You'll have a whole hillside that will funnel down to very few select lanes. One reason.....they are the fastest. Bikes like challenges but given the more nimble, threading a needle ability of a complex obstacle all decent racers will choose the path of least resistance or best momentum. If it includes a bit of what we enjoy in 4wd and it's doable for bike and skill set the rider will hop and skim the tops and keep hauling arse.

The short......we don't need interstate lanes to buggity buggity on two wheels. If your like me tight spaces and a goat trails are more fun on two wheels.
Also when was the last time you saw 500 average to pro level folks on one course hitting the same lane in streams of 25 plus.......well let me put it this way....that guy on 33's at trail whatever stuck for an hour with no winch. That's what a ridiculous hill climb would turn into by mixing buggy level obstacles and dudes on bikes. Just the bikes turn into very angry hornets fed by adrenaline and red bull.

all we're doing is making everything that is there wide enough for any rig to ride through safely so they can attract all levels of drivers and rigs...if anything, the way one mountain looks now, if they did a dirt bike race, would make it more fun and challenging being they would be able to pass each other with the much wider cut through on a lot of sections and overall safer without as many trees to run into lol.
Which is precisely what will mess it up, search "single track" that's what most hare scramble racers want, not a freeway. The trees are part of the challenge and finding somewhere to pass is part of the challenge. Make a freeway through the woods and the attendance (woods racers) will drop off.

This is why all of us whom have raced on two wheels could sense a genuine disconnect. The two types of courses don't blend well at all long term. As for passing lanes and width you have to spectate and run a few to get what really happens on a wide open hill climbs. You'll have a whole hillside that will funnel down to very few select lanes. One reason.....they are the fastest. Bikes like challenges but given the more nimble, threading a needle ability of a complex obstacle all decent racers will choose the path of least resistance or best momentum. If it includes a bit of what we enjoy in 4wd and it's doable for bike and skill set the rider will hop and skim the tops and keep hauling arse.

The short......we don't need interstate lanes to buggity buggity on two wheels. If your like me tight spaces and a goat trails are more fun on two wheels.
Also when was the last time you saw 500 average to pro level folks on one course hitting the same lane in streams of 25 plus.......well let me put it this way....that guy on 33's at trail whatever stuck for an hour with no winch. That's what a ridiculous hill climb would turn into by mixing buggy level obstacles and dudes on bikes. Just the bikes turn into very angry hornets fed by adrenaline and red bull.

Yep. 2 wheelers like balls to the wall on a 2 ft wide trail. Half the fun is seeing just how close you can get to the trees without catching an elbow or knee.

Also pretty sad to hear they wont be doing any dirt track races. Been there a few times and it was a decent track. With a well established track, thats a great way to keep some money flowing.

Which is precisely what will mess it up, search "single track" that's what most hare scramble racers want, not a freeway. The trees are part of the challenge and finding somewhere to pass is part of the challenge. Make a freeway through the woods and the attendance (woods racers) will drop off.

Yep, might as well just go to an open field at that point.

well let me put it this way....that guy on 33's at trail whatever stuck for an hour with no winch. That's what a ridiculous hill climb would turn into by mixing buggy level o
plans are the hill climbs will be marked off with "red zone, winch/lockers required beyond " as other places have done so to avoid this type of a situation.
The two types of courses don't blend well at all long term.

I see ya'lls point and makes total sense. Having that said, don't blame me for "ruining anything" lol, I'm just helping to execute a plan that was already set in motion!
Personally: I have nothing against dirt bikes/quad crowd! It's just they have tons of places to go, can fit anywhere and they pretty much got it made. We however, jeeps/trucks/buggies, have very limited places to wheel...especially in this area since the Shop first, now The Flats closed so forgive me if I can't share any "excitement" about that topic. There's 3 places to ride bikes and atv within 30 min of me. 0 places to wheel, until now, so yeah I jumped on the wheeling wagon opportunity when I heard about it and am very exited to get this place ready by April to all it's full glory and opportunity. For me it means more to have a place close to home since I have a wife who cannot travel on an average basis, and this place is close enough for me to go alone when her health is not up to par and that is like huge.

plans are the hill climbs will be marked off with "red zone, winch/lockers required beyond " as other places have done so to avoid this type of a situation.

I see ya'lls point and makes total sense. Having that said, don't blame me for "ruining anything" lol, I'm just helping to execute a plan that was already set in motion!
Personally: I have nothing against dirt bikes/quad crowd! It's just they have tons of places to go, can fit anywhere and they pretty much got it made. We however, jeeps/trucks/buggies, have very limited places to wheel...especially in this area since the Shop first, now The Flats closed so forgive me if I can't share any "excitement" about that topic. There's 3 places to ride bikes and atv within 30 min of me. 0 places to wheel, until now, so yeah I jumped on the wheeling wagon opportunity when I heard about it and am very exited to get this place ready by April to all it's full glory and opportunity. For me it means more to have a place close to home since I have a wife who cannot travel on an average basis, and this place is close enough for me to go alone when her health is not up to par and that is like huge.

There are not that many places dirt bikes can legally go and run harescrambles/single track. ATV riding is not the same at all as the type of harescramble racing that happens there every year.

Like @obullfish said also, a weekend of a harescramble will bring the park a ton more money than a few wheeling weekends combined.

Back