Would you be Interested??

DOUGHBOYDD2500HD

OK I have a serious question for a bunch of you. I have been talking to my friend and his dad about opening a local place to play and wheel right in the heart of the triangle. Well Chapel Hill/ Hillsborough area. They could bring in rocks and stuff and they already have 1 nice trail thats a creek and filled with rocks and boulders and there is a good potential for a nice play area. What would you pay to play there. Its 10 Mins from the hospital and VERY easy to get to using 15 501.

I wanted to let anyone know who was interested that the house and land in wich this awesome play area is already on is FOR SALE!!!! I wish I had the money I would buy it and move there in 2 seconds. :D :p Image a trail and a big area to 4 wheel right in your back yard.:driver: If anyone is interested please let me know. I told them to keep the land and build a place for all of us to wheel and pay to play. I said I would give him $20 to play there if I still had the old rubicon.

shoot.... sounds like some fun stuff. i would come when i could, althoug its not the closest place to wher ei live. but if anything happens let me know, b/c i have been thinking about somehting like that around the davidson area.

yeah

Well this is the prime spot because its less than 15 mins from that place i was talking about with all the free rocks and stuff. I need to post pics. Maybe a couple clubs can buy the land and use the house as a place to stay and d meetings and stuff and we could all work to get all those rocks delivered and have a insane place to play. It would be well worth the $20 a day for anyone around this area if we got it set up the way I want it set up. I am going to sit down over drinks and dinner with him and his dad and try to work out a game plan. SERIOUSLY!!!!!

DOUGHBOYDD2500HD said:
they already have 1 nice trail thats a creek

And you expect that to last in Orange county? I know two people looking for land and a house, but I bet this'll be in the 7 figure range and out of their range. (PM me an asking price and contact info)

I'd suggest you check club bylaws before suggesting it to any clubs (avoid that whole ready, fire, aim thing). Finding land is much more useful than finding rocks tho. You're improving.

J

I think $5/day is about the going rate, and it would be hard to imagine someone paying much more than that regardless of convenience. In other words, the people really close by might think its worth $10/day, but it gets less as you get farther away. Still something to look into though.

ok URE is 5 bucks a day... you mean to tell me that your tow rigs are going to use less the 15 bucks with of gas to get there?

$20 bucks a day is a deal compaired to what you locals would pay out to go anywhere else...

A season pass would be the way to go. so that must be offered

I think your wasting your time. We have a free place to ride with plenty of rocks(DPG) -the last few times we've had a ride, nobody showed up. Seems most people on this board just want to talk about wheeling, and argue about which brand of rig is best, or just go to ure.

ok URE is 5 bucks a day... you mean to tell me that your tow rigs are going to use less the 15 bucks with of gas to get there?
If you're talking about a place that's less than 25 miles from Durham and 50 from Raleigh, then no, those tow rigs won't use anywhere near that much in gas. MAYBE round trip, but not one way for sure. I've been to URE in my Jimmy and had to put about $30 in it after I got there, and another $30+ on the way back home. And that's without what I used to ride the trails, because I topped it off at either the Outpost or somewhere else near there before I started home, with about another $20 or so.

So yes, $20 plus the little bit of gas I'd use to get to Hillsborough or Chapel Hill would be well worth it to me, anyhow.

Of course, that would also depend on whether there was anything a stock or semi-stock truck could handle, or if all there was, was boulders the size of a truck or house like at Devil's Playground.

That's one reason I haven't been there lately. (The other being getting an engine installed...) It's impressive and fun to watch rigs like Rich's self-propelled flag go up and down a bunch of those... the first few times. But when you know going in that your own rig can't handle that... and there's not a lot else to do...

Sure. Come back and tell us when it's open.

maybe. but only if you arent there. dont worry though, no one on this board ever wheels anyway. even if you do open it (which you wont) no one will show. jim is right

hmmmm

Why is that?? Why don't people wheel??? I just thought this would make more sense for people close by to it that could use it on a daily or few times a week basis instead of having to make a big huge trip out of it and spending serious money in gas going back and forth somewhere like URE or TELLICO or the mountains or something like that.

DGP is awesome and I don't know why no one goes when you offer a FREE place to ride and play and meet and greets. Weird:confused:

Ok well then maybe I will just keep it a secret and keep it to my closest friends liek i have over the past 7 years. :)~ I will keep walking the trails like i do so well since i am back to my old way of 4 wheeling. Taking pics and video. :lol: :p I have done a lot of trails in 2 wheel drive. ;) :)

I don't go to DPG cause it would cost me a lot in gas to get there. I mean seriously I am near Asheville and would love to go to URE or DPG but just can't afford the gas to make the trip at this time. I am stuck to sticking to the trails around here that I know. Most of them are old logging trails, like the ones I have behind the house that I have yet to wheel. Figured I would give them some time to let the weather do its damage so I could get some enjoyment out of it. But for the more local guys this would be good for them. And I see no reason for the more locals to not go to DPG we had a few places here that were free till the gov. bought them and turned them into animal sanctuaries and such. I really miss Gusher's Knob had a great hill climb and was always full of 4x4s, ATVs, and Dirtbikes. These ones that are close enough yet don't go to DPG will really kick themselves if it is ever taken away.

DPG is about the only place I get to go on a regular basis. It is 30 minutes away, has obstacles that are as challenging as any around (many I'm too chicken to do yet). The only thing is, unless it is a highly publicized event, nobody ever shows up. So expect about the same for your deal. I doubt the owner of the land would allow just anybody to come driving onto their property anytime they wanted.

Basically, don't try to make him think he could make money off of the land, he would need alot more land in an area that actually has extreme off-roading possibilities. I doubt no matter what he does the land would ever have true 'natural' obstacles.

There is nothing fun about man-made rock gardens, they are nice to play on, but somehow, they claim more parts, as well as cut more tires, etc.

Back