Would you rather have your wife drive a?

csudman

2005 or so Chevy Equinox 30-40k? Or a 2004 or so 50-70k toyota 4 runner?

Wife totaled her 05 Equniox and I'm wanting something a little bigger and love the new runners. We're looking to spend 15k or so.

Thoughts.

cJ

Does it NEED to be 4x4 ?

If not, if Front Wheel drive would do it... I would look for OTHER ideas if your gonna spend 15k.

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/overview.aspx?year=2008&make=Scion&model=xB

NEW, is $15,650, it is ALL Toyota underneath and you will be surprised at how much room is inside. They don't play the "starts at" game either, that is the non-nego price, includes all the power windows, etc, I think I did pay $2-300 for cruise control.

I dare ya to test drive one... (mine is the more square model, we get 30mpg around town and 38 mpg to / from the beach) EDITED to say my wife STOLE my xB after I got it and she drives it now daily and I am in the YJ. She thinks it is cute as heck and loves it, but AT FIRST she wasn't interested until she got IN IT. After driving for 5 minutes she was hooked.

They be funky...but for 16k a NEW Toyota with that much room is really hard to beat, even the durn little camrys and stuff are 20+ stripped it seems like.

So...honestly, look at NEW cars in that price range, maybe a hair bit smaller, but not much i bet. (Def smaller than 4runner in the trunk area)

I vote for the 4runner. But then again, I'm biased.:lol:

the toyota for sure

but if she was happy with the equinox, and you never had any trouble out of it, i can't say that it wouldnt make sense to get another....

Hinton - The vast majority of women want something nice to look at.. and that ugly ass Scion ain't one of 'em. :flipoff2:

Me, (and most guys here) don't care a bunch about what it looks like.. I mean hell, if that shoebox did the 1/4 in under 13 seconds, pulled over .9g on the skidpad and did a slalom at over 65mph, I'd drive one. Form follows function.

But women just aren't like that. The reason my wife likes certain cars over others has nothing to do with function, ergonomics, performance, or image.. it's all about how it looks. (My job is to figure out which one of those cars appeals to me best, and go from there)

Soccer Mom's are all about sitting up high. they get all scared when sitting low, and want to "protect their children" (at the expense of anyone else)

Someone who liked a Chevy Equinox isn't likely to go after a xb..
The preceeding was very much a generalization, and tastes vary, since Hinton's wife likes that xb.
(So don't go posting about how one person you know is different and doesn't fit that mold..I don't care) :flipoff2:

Back