Would you visit an OHV area near Charleston WV?

• Total voters

77jeepcj

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don’t want your vote to show support, I want an honest answer
I want a realistic number from NC4x4 that feel that they would actually visit this area if it is similar to a Tellico or Windrock. I plan to forward this information to the developers of the OHV.

It looks very promising that an OHV area will be developed in Kanawha County, near Charleston, West Virginia.

The Hatfield and McCoy (H&M) ATV/motorcycle trail system is in the process of developing a similar trail system for full size rigs. A meeting before the Kanawha Commission went great last night. The Commission committed $50,000 as seed money to get this going in our area. Our local govt. is for it on the county and state level. The H&M is experienced in the process with their interconnected ATV trail system that goes through 8 counties in the southern part of the state.

Mountaineer Offroad supports this and has offered to help develop trails for the area. We really want a Lower 2, or Rattlerock in our backyard. The terrain here is very similar to Tellico, so we have the potential.

5 hours away, definitely a couple times a year. Are they planning any camping areas?

not sure yet........ we are working on 20,000 to 40,000 acres for this area.....so I figure If MOR gets to have enough input it should atleast have a primitive camping area

You KNOW I will...heck I try to get up there and wheel with ya annually already! :)

I can say if it is anything like the Swiss Mtn trails, those who like Dayton will like it!

Sam...trailerking...Hinton

from Charlotte its all interstate too!..I77 goes right though Charleston

and Sam.... did you all get to run Diablo and Cracker Hill when you was here?

I dont think you did...you all ran the creek,Sacrifice and the waterfall if im not mistaken.....anyways Diablo and Cracker are alot harder than those ones

anyways we are looking for something even better than the Swiss trails...... we would have equipment etc to be able to do some building..we are looking for more like Windrock and Lower 2 in Tellico

...yeah we ended up not doing Diablo the 2nd day, I forget the RED TJs guys name but I love the quote, "yeah I have mentally prepared myself for Diablo..." and "someone is gonna roll, possibly several of you!" Sheeeesh, heh

Is it still that way or folks got the lines down now?

Sam

I would probably onely make it a couple times a year, but when I go I would probably camp and stay for quite a while... if I am making that long of a trip I am gonna make sure I explore all they have to offer!

haha.that was Jim(atlasrocker on our board) nope the lines arent down yet...... but i think probably the worst would have been laying on the passenger side..... but there will be an even harder insane line open by july :D

Been to Tellico 3 times, Jellico 2 times, Windrock 2 times all in the last year.

So the answer is yes!

I is About 6 hours(360 miles) from Durham To Charleston WV the Road is a bit steap going both ways but definitly interesting for a long week end.

I would go and I am Sure Alot on CNC guys would be interested

the one thing that sucks is the tolls. i don't remember how many there would be, and it's not like it's expensive ... but it's something some people might want to take into consideration.

i think 3 tolls all the way into charleston from Charlotte....... its under $5 total with a tow rig and loaded trailer......... if your driving your rig its just like $2.75 total

need an option for once a year. There is plenty to keep me occupied and broke in the 5-7 hour range.

holy thread revival.jpg

I'd say by now the answer was a false profit, no resurrection.

Back