Wrangler (JL) Center Caps

ncjeepers

How are the center caps secured on JL steel wheels?
I bought a set of JL take-offs to use on my WK. They are 17" black steel wheels, part# 5VH22TRMAB. From what I gather, they came from a 2018-20 JL. They did not come with center caps and I need some. The caps that are called out for these wheels are part# 5XN15RXFAA. I see no way to attach them. There are 3 little holes in the wheel but no nubs on the center caps to accept screws. What am I missing?

Attachments

• IMG_20220113_122502032.jpg
    IMG_20220113_122502032.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 129
Can’t tell from the picture but do your lug nuts have a extra shoulder to hold the center cap on?
If not they maybe what you need that the way some vehicles are. Not a jeep man so I’m not sure, I looked on rockauto to see what you caps looked like

It can't be terribly hard to remove. The backup camera goes in/on/thru the center hole when the wheel goes on the tailgate.

Quick google search for part# 5XN15RXFAA...seems like that is Item 1 in this pic, you'll also need item 2, which might have 3 lil nubs...?

1642193450647.png

Seriously... there are no members here that have ever unbolted a set of JL steel wheels that can give me a DEFINITIVE answer?
I do appreciate the well meaning replies, but they are only assumptions, same as me.

Back