WTF in Moore County?

kaiser715

Doing hard time
Somebody going around vandalizing substations, "not safe" at Walmart.

@skyhighZJ

Luckily we are good. We have PeeDee EMC. Sucks for those without power. I hope they get to the bottom of the vandalism and burn the little shitheads at the stake.

I'm sick and I woke up got up early and saw the news. I was going to post when I saw it was here. I went back to bed and few hours later our power went out ! I was thinking shit was hitting the fan :eek:The wife has dukes site on her phone and found our outage was only 47 homes around us and it was back up in 20 mins.

WRAL says that damage was caused by firearms. Possibly related to the drag show at the Sunrise. Also said Walmart incident was shoplifting/looting related to the black out. (choot'em, choot'em all)

Apparently some ex Army psy-ops woman is leading the charge against a drag show that was supposed to happen in Southern Pines, and posted that "she knew why the power was out" then claimed it was "God chastising Moore County."

Duane

Went through town today and it was a bit surreal. EVERYTHING was dark. Businesses, residences, and not one single street light was working. Had to make it to tractor supply and then went to pick up our new Heifer calf. Luckily they were open for business taking cash or using the old school “ca-chunk” slider machine for cards.
I will say, we have been good but our interwebs went out a couple times. (Back on now).
I just really hope this doesn’t get strewn in a bad light as WRAL has made it very clear, in their own reporting, that this former Army officer female is obviously a wing-nut but they are associating her to the conservative side of things to poo-poo on those who don’t align with the bleeding liberal left.

A real shitty situation for thousands as the power is out and temps dip to freezing but they are banging the political drum.

Disgusting….

Went through town today and it was a bit surreal. EVERYTHING was dark. Businesses, residences, and not one single street light was working. Had to make it to tractor supply and then went to pick up our new Heifer calf. Luckily they were open for business taking cash or using the old school “ca-chunk” slider machine for cards.
I will say, we have been good but our interwebs went out a couple times. (Back on now).
I just really hope this doesn’t get strewn in a bad light as WRAL has made it very clear, in their own reporting, that this former Army officer female is obviously a wing-nut but they are associating her to the conservative side of things to poo-poo on those who don’t align with the bleeding liberal left.

A real shitty situation for thousands as the power is out and temps dip to freezing but they are banging the political drum.

Disgusting….

Not taking WRAL's side because I think they put a liberal spin on things too, but she claims to be the head of the Moore County Citizens for Freedom (MCCF). The group is a "nonpartisan network of Moore County Citizens dedicated to the promotion of conservative values in Moore County, NC, through education and activism," according to its Facebook page. So exactly which side of things is WRAL supposed to put her?

Duane

I guess that’s what I’m getting at. Yes, she’s a nut job, but I hope they don’t try to spin this as ALL conservatives are the devil just like ALL democrats are not bleeding heart libs. There is a middle ground and once people stop pissing in each others cheerios and realize the only thing that matters is AMERICA and the person to their left and right (regardless of affiliation or XXXX lives matter or, …..) The better off will be.

My .02.

I guess that’s what I’m getting at. Yes, she’s a nut job, but I hope they don’t try to spin this as ALL conservatives are the devil just like ALL democrats are not bleeding heart libs. There is a middle ground and once people stop pissing in each others cheerios and realize the only thing that matters is AMERICA and the person to their left and right (regardless of affiliation or XXXX lives matter or, …..) The better off will be.

My .02.
The key for this is for conservatives to come out and condemn her actions. Otherwise you alllow her to perverse your ideals.

See also the Klan and the Confederate battle flag

The key for this is for conservatives to come out and condemn her actions. Otherwise you alllow her to perverse your ideals.

See also the Klan and the Confederate battle flag

I'll take "things that will never happen" for 200, Alex.

Duane

BBC did a report on it. Last paragraph mentions the drag show. They report investigators cannot link the two

BBC did a report on it. Last paragraph mentions the drag show. They report investigators cannot link the two

To me, it would be a stretch for that to have been on purpose, to shut down the drag show, and would have had to be done by a Duke employee, or someone well-versed in the industry. Those substations are 8.7 and 11.2 miles from the Sunrise theater. There are a couple that are closer to town. If it was on purpose, somebody had to know exactly which two to take out to eliminate any redundancy/backup routing to accomplish their goal. Wonder if they were hit near or above the oil level as to minimize hazmat spill?

My money is on a deer hunter that got skunked for the day, and wanted to shoot at something before going home. Made a neat noise, so went to the other one. Betting one was near where he was hunting, the other along his route going home.

Sounds like it's gonna be awhile til it back up again.

@kaiser715 seems like a good time to crank up that Winnie and take a trip

Sounds like it's gonna be awhile til it back up again.

@kaiser715 seems like a good time to crank up that Winnie and take a trip
No...we got power. Outage starts about 15 minutes down the road.

Yeah that's what I'm worried about, I think most people assumed something like this wasn't possible
Interesting piece on NPR this morning talking to a power guy. Apparently there was a similar episode in.... Arizona? NM? a few years ago. A couple of guys shot 100+ roudns into a station and knocked out 17 transformers.
The question was posed... isn't this preventable?
Answer from power guy - yep, low tech solutions. After that they just built a concrete block wall around the station. Even sand bags would do the trick. its just never really been considered a problem before.
But while that is easy and inexpensive... there are millions of these things everywhere.

And amazon

holy crap!!!!
Things have gotten so bad they moved the whole county!

1670354372277.png

Apparently this is being sent out in Moore county. Gonna make it even harder for people to find food. How many restaurants out there have formal (preapproved) emergency plan?

1670357584788.png

Back