XJ leafs on Yj front

Carolina YJ

I am putting XJ leafs on the front of my YJ, they are a bit longer than my stock yj's. Any pics or help would be great, i need to maybe make new mounts, or shakle reversal.

I don't have the shackle reversal on my YJ, but if you drive it on the road much you don't want to do a shackle reversal. It's supposed to cause steering issues and heavy nose diving when braking. Longer shackles may work ok if they wouldn't lean so far forward as to hit the front bumper. I know longer shackles should give you more droop with the longer springs.

Cut off and move the front shackle mounts forward.
Add relocation plates to the frame hangers (rear of the spring) to move entire spring back. Depending on the pin offset...ya might wanna do this to keep the axle in it's original location.
I'm a zooker.....I don' know nothin' about no jeep.

Matt:huggy:

yeah i am looking for the lengthen the front so i am going to relocate the front hanger, and combine it into the front bumper. i am also looking for another set o' xj springs

PM "mbalbritton" for pics of his CJ5 (had to outboard, but used XJ leafs at all 4 corners....) or search for "blue bitch" (seems like he had pics here too)

Back