XJ roll cage

ol'Jeeps

Dirty Jeeps...Done Dirt Cheap!
Shopping around for a weld-in cage for a 4 door XJ.

Suggestions?

I can buy DOM and bend one up at the shop, but I wanted to see what kit prices are out there. DIY may not be worth the time!

Thanks,
Scott

I wonder if buying a kit and having a shop like CRS install it, would save any money as apposed to CRS doing it turn key.

Have you researched that, or are you doing the install yourself?

I like that second one. I think the time saved in not trying to bend it all is worth it. The less I have to fab and can just weld up is better for me since I can't weld and my buddy does it for me.

Maybe they have changed, but I've never heard great things about DanC's cages and their fit. If you have a bender and the tools, build it yourself...
You also have to factor in the $100 shipping cost on that cage too...

There is something to consider. Even at the best prices I have seen, there is still near $100 shipping. That pretty much pushes them to the point where doin it myself is worth it.

I can buy 1 3/4" x .090 DOM for $3.39 a foot. Cant imagine a nice full cage being more than 100 feet. And bending it wont be bad, since we have a very nice Ercolina tube bender, and a machine notcher. And I can fit and weld with no prob.

just sometimes, the kit guys are buying tubing so right, they can bend it and sell it for near what I can buy the tubing for!

Thanks'
Scott

Back