XJ Tow Points

JMOliver

Trying to get my jeep ready for some weekend wheeling this summer, Got the 3 inch lift on. Need to extend the front brakes, and get some discos so i can put my front swaybar back on.

Ive been looking around at tow hooks and i really like the c4x4 brackets. so thats prob. what i will get. I like the way they bolt down the uni-body like the rest of the brackets ive seen. but they also pinch the front of the uni-body also.

Any other suggestions?. or personal exp.?

Thanks.

I've had my xj for 5 years, i still dont have tow points in the front. And it's not even street legal. Any is better than none.

c4x4 brackets are great, my friend ran them on his cherokee for the past year or two until last week when he put a winch bumper on. he might be looking to sell them, i'll find out,
but if so it wouldn't be with all the bolts because he had to reuse them with the bumper but could get the proper replacements for you if needed

Wow i really like that front bumper set up!. Only thing i couldnt figure out was would it work with a 98 though?.. thanks for the link.

Wow i really like that front bumper set up!. Only thing i couldnt figure out was would it work with a 98 though?.. thanks for the link.
Huh?
It mounts to the uni-frame behind the stock bumper and you simply cut openings in the bumper for the tow points and winch mount. I was going to put one of these on my ZJ until I decided to go the full bumper route.

Man that thing IS awesome! I know what I'm getting my Dad to put on his 93 XJ now. But for tow points he just bought a pair of cheap chrome tow hook from O'Reilley's and had them welded on the bottom of the frame rails (I know it doesn't have a frame). He hasn't had to use them yet though but seeing this winch mount, I think I'm going to cut them off and install this. Too bad the brush guard is not available anymore.

It is a nice set up, we put one on a XJ about 2-3 years ago and it worked/fit great. The XJ bit the dust and it got moved to a MJ and we fabed a custom bumper using it as the base, looked awsome. Wish I could find the pics.

that's what was done here. I bought this from someone who added the bumber part to it, I just cleaned it up a bit and bolted it on the other day.
ai182.photobucket.com_albums_x267_bjharding_2007_97_20red_20cherokee_Picture055.jpg

Dirtymike has a bumper just like your's! Even has a winch on it now. You should do the same with your's yoda

with the brake lines get '95 chevy 1500 2wd front lines. they bolt right on and are like 4-5 inches longer. the only thing i had to do was bend the hard line a little to clear the bleeder. and the metal clip will need to be moved up as a brace or removed completely

I like that Backbone set up.

I think I ran YJ front lines. hell I got new ones and if I had time to change them before I leave I would give you my old ones. I have about 10" of lift and they are a little bit to short.

Back