YJ chevy V8 cooling

Aforbes704

Dropping a a 350 in my YJ and was wondering what kind of radiator and fan setups you guys are using. What kind of fiting issues you had, and what has worked best for you.

I have a 350 in my CJ7. I picked up an aluminum conversion radiator from Summit Racing. I believe it is a 3 core unit and it bolted directly in and fit great. It was a house Summit brand product. They might have one for a YJ as well. I run that with a Volvo two speed electric fan. It's the same thing as the Ford Taurus fan. In 3 years I have never had a problem. I run a 160° thermostat but also never ran hot when I had a 180° in it.

That one looks like it might work and definitely a lot cheaper then the other ones im looking at. Thanks!

I did a LS swap in my wifes YJ a couple of winters ago and used a alum rad/fan/shroud combo I got off ebay.So far its been real good.

EDIT,it was a conversion rad and bolted right it.

The one I bought for my YJ is made by Northern. It's not the cheapest, not eBay garbage, not top of the line but should keep my LS cool.

I did a LS swap in my wifes YJ a couple of winters ago and used a alum rad/fan/shroud combo I got off ebay.So far its been real good.

EDIT,it was a conversion rad and bolted right it.

nice. ill have to hit you up when i go to order. i plan that route too

Back