yj stretch....how to

rodcycle

I have a 95 yj that I want to stretch and put one ton axles, just wondered what all I would need to do. I am looking at the blue torch can rear ext kit and XJ springs. Can anyone help me out? Please

xj springs

just got done with mine i ordered everthing from ruff stuff . i would suggest u buy new spring because i got used ones and they were already sagging during mock up good luck with your build.

Mine i moved the front mounts forward about 3"^' rough country spring under, and added about 8" to the rear frame and used a set of stock F-150 rear turned bacwards sping over with anti wrap, and ended up witha 108" wheel base, and only gained about 7" in frame length, workes well on and off road.

I have a 1991 Jeep Cherokee XJ. I have bought a set of tires/rims 35-12.50-15 and ready to roll except for my suspension. How much of a lift to the front and to the rear do I need to get rolling?

When I was building my yj a few years back, I used XJ springs in the factory frame mounts and made a 2x4 crossmember off the rear of the yj frame with ruff stuff way back shackle hangers. Worked very good.

here is my build thread, Barnes 4wd makes it easy to do this, just remember if you stretch the front more than a couple inches you will have to do something different with the steering setup, mine is stretched 10.5" in the rear and 5.5" in the front. I used 2" lift YJ springs and moved the spring hangers forward in the front and back in the rear

http://www.nc4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122491

XJ springs front and rear, shackle frame mounts are from Barnes 4WD. Front frame extended but adding a piece of 2"x4" tube to the frame rails. Rear is C channel slide over the frame rails with factory rear cross member removed. Running a astro van steering box in the front. Any other questions feel free to ask. As other have said, run a anti wrap bar. I'm not but need to add one.

Attachments

• 39.5.JPG
    39.5.JPG
    229.5 KB · Views: 7,348
Back