zj front differential hose?

98zjstroker

ok just recently changed out my stock front control arms in my ZJ. there was a hose that went from the rear top of the front differential on the drivers side that then went up into the engine bay and attached somewhere. it used a clip on the stock lower control arm to stabilize it. When i switched the control arm i just used a zip tie to secure it. well yestureday i noticed it hanging from my diff. I didnt bother to look and see where it went when i was working on it and have no clue where it goes. it looks like it might be some kind of vaccume line or overflow. its a very small diameter hose. Please help

it is the vent hose for the diff. dont plug it off. If i remember correctly it routes up next to the air box and there should be a place for it to clip to if it is a 5.2l. I would assume it would be in the same area for a 4.0

Last edited:
that's just the vent hose, zip tieing to the CA is fine, just make sure there's enough slack so it doesn't pull out with suspension movement. On the top rear, towards the pass side, of the diff casting, there is a hole and nipple for the hose. The other end just routes up and is clipped behind the intake manifold, should be a plastic breather cap too.

Back