zj lift with xj springs??

mudpirate10

As some of you know zj lifts a hard to find and if you find anything over 4.5 inches its a fortune. And only a couple of brands sells zj lifts. I heard of some way to use xj front springs since there easier and cheaper to find. ? Can anyone back me up on this or tell me more info??? Aslo heard if i wanted a 6 inch lift i would have to get 6 inch xj springs for front and 4 inch xj springs for the back??? Help please. Or tell me a easier cheaper way to lift my zj. Thanks :popcorn:

no idea on the rear ZJ springs...maybe they're the same as TJ coils? I assume you know XJ rears are leafs.
The hot ticket for XJ budget swaps is to use stock ZJ front coils for 1" lift.

Using XJ front spring in the front of your ZJ will net about 1 - 1.5 LESS inches of lift that what it is stated for the XJ. As for the rear, you can use XJ front springs in the rear of your ZJ, and those will probably give you 1.5 - 2 MORE inches of lift than they are advertised as. Does this make sense?

If you want 6" of lift on your ZJ (you really don't need that much to begin with, but that is a different topic); you would need 2 7" XJ front coils and 2 5" XJ front coils.

I understand so basiclly i would need to go taller(xj springs) if i wanted 6 inch lift besides the rear i would go inch smaller

Nearly every lift manufacturer that makes XJ lifts also makes ZJ lifts...

Rubicon Express
Full Traction
Iron Rock Offroad
Skyjacker
Teraflex
Rock Krawler
Rough Country
Zone Offroad
Rustys
Skyjacker
Pro Comp
Rancho
Fabtech

Those are just the ones off the top of my head, I'm sure there's more.

True but its hard to find 6 inch lifts. Let me rephrase that. Its hard to find lifts in my price range. Im just building a zj for off road use only. Just looking for a budget lift.

To fit 35s. My last zj had a 6 inch lift and cleared 35s but not without cutting. I want ground clearance and good flex even if i have to put 33s back on it. Im doing a full roll cage and all. I know your thinkin if your puttin so much money into building it then buy the right lift. Well im tryin to go as extreme as i can without spending alot of money.

6" of lift on short arms is not going to give you very much flex at all, have you thought about long arms?

6" of lift on short arms is not going to give you very much flex at all, have you thought about long arms?
Ya thats what im leaning towards. Thats what i had on my last jeep. rubicon express with old man emu shocks

If you are looking at LAs I would recommend Clayton.

im tryin to go as extreme as i can without spending alot of money.

IMO, this would mean less lift and more trimming. There are several people on mallcrawlin and JF that are running 35's on 4.5" of lift with trimming. Or you could just go with a 3.5" lift and throw a BB on top of it.

IMO, this would mean less lift and more trimming. There are several people on mallcrawlin and JF that are running 35's on 4.5" of lift with trimming. Or you could just go with a 3.5" lift and throw a BB on top of it.
Beleive me i considered that and of course i will be doin cutting

Back