zj spacer lift

jonnyB

i have a 97 grand cherokee that mostly stays on road and one of my buddies is gonna sell me his factory rubicon wheels/tires perty cheap. my question is how high can i go with just spacers before i get into problems with steering or longer control arms, and stuff like that? 2 or 3 inches would be enough, but i need it to ride and handle close to factory.

2-3 inches would be fine. Any more than that and you need to start adding more parts......

A basic 3" lift is not that expensive. I would probably go that route rather than spacers. Let me know if I can help.

A 3" kit will run you right about $440 for coils, shocks, and all the hardware you need.

Andy

take rear coils and put up front then buy new rears of find them somewhere cheap. that gives you about 2.5-3 there. and its cheap.

or so ive heard that works. i would do somemore digging. im a cherokee guy lol.

Ive got a complete set of 3" coils (front and rear) ill sell ya for $150. I ran them and only them (i.e. stock shocks and stock arms) on my jeep for a couple of months until I went higher.

take rear coils and put up front then buy new rears of find them somewhere cheap. that gives you about 2.5-3 there. and its cheap.
or so ive heard that works. i would do somemore digging. im a cherokee guy lol.
You got it backwards, you take the fronts and put them in the rear for roughly 3" of lift, and buy new fronts. I tried to go that route but couldnt get the stock front springs to go into the rear to save my life.

You can't really put more than a 2" spacer on the rear anyway. If you've got the $ go with new springs. I got my spacer lift for $20 used, then new shocks on top of that. The stock trac bars, steering etc. is fine with under about 3". beyond that, longer trac bars are needed.

im runnin 2 sets of 2" spacers with the oe. rubbers removed i had to weld a 2" tube on the rear locators just to be safe the frontend align is perfect and it doesent have deathwobble i am going to go with a long arm soon and ill take $75.00 for these spacers-(828-779-2242

we did a cheapo lift on a buddies GC a few years back. front coils to the rear, cherokee up country coils up front with 2" spacers. fit 32's on there with a little trimming to the front bumper.

edit: the front spacers were most of the cost of this lift. we got the front coils from a junkyard for $25. cheap and performed well w/ the sway bars disco'd.

Back