zj steering

Jeep_parts

I am looking to upgrade my steering on my 95 Grand Cherokee, ive had DW once before now it seems to want to visit again. When I started to look into the current steering on the jeep I noticed several things worn out. So ill like to keep it under $300 and do a 1-ton upgrade or upgrade kit to fix the steering and also make may steering better?

Ive saw several site with these kits but don’t know what you guys would recommend.

I just bought a 1 ton steering kit from ECGS

IRO OTK its a tad over 300 but I love mine!!!

I just bought a 1 ton steering kit from ECGS

Let me know how that works out for you. I've been really interested in trying out that kit, but haven't heard from anyone that had experience with it. Seems like a really beefy kit for the price.

I will let you guys know how it works as soon as I get some experience with it, but everything I have ever gotten from ECGS has been beef and awesome, so I don't think this will be any less.

IRO is bolt in ready for a zj

Is IRO's made out of DOM?

Extremely Heavy Duty 1.25" solid cold rolled steel tie rod (wheel to wheel)
Extremely Heavy Duty 1.25" solid cold rolled steel drag link
Very high quality, HUGE 3/4" threads, precision machined, QA1 spherical rod ends featuring a radial static load capacity of 32,457 lbs.!!!!
Precision machined adjusting sleeve

does not say DOM.

If your looking bolt in, I have the Rugged Ridge on mine, pn 18050.82. Been on for almost two years, drive it on the street, and I've wheeled it, no complaints. It has taken a few good hits but has not failed. You can get these online for about $180. I know Chase has them too but I couldn't find it on his site.

From RR's site:

This is a bolt-on solution for preventing bent tie rods from wheeling with larger tires. The tubes are 1-¼” ID SAE 1018 steel that is cold rolled, pierced, and drawn through dies to produce a wall thickness of ¼”. This is true DOM tubing with no seams or welds to fail. Heavy-duty 7/8” rod ends feature standard tapered ends to fit stock knuckle applications. You get one ton strength without any modifications to your steering knuckles. The Heavy-Duty Crossover Steering Conversion Kit replaces the bump-steer prone inverted Y-type steering system. This kit connects the drag link to the end of the tie rod at the wheel, giving a better steering angle and better leverage. If your vehicle is lifted a crossover steering system is a must!

Back