zj temp question

TheRedZJ

i got a 95 zj with the 4.0 straight 6 and once it got warmer my temp gauge has been hittin 240 and sometimes higher, this is with the windows down. Is this something i should worry about or is there anyway i can fix it?

That is high. Coolant level full? T-stat ok?

That's about 30 degrees to high man

my yj runs around 220 on the interstate... 240 is pushingit.. check the coolant, tstat. you might be best off doing a cooling system flush and putting anew tstat in it.

start with flush and t-stat new, cap.
i went through that crap last summer and ended up replacing radaitor,pump,t-stat,cap,fan clutch and every hose. i guess after 200k i was better off doing it in my cozy shop and not on the side of the road.

since its warmed up it runs 230. but my coolent level is full i check it almost everyday, the t-stat gauges are good i just replaced both of them. Seein what yall have said im gona fllush it and replace the t-stat. I have also replaced the water pump within the last year so im sure its not that. But thanks for the help guys

if you replaced the pump last year and not the tstat then im pretty sure its the tstat. personal experience on that one.lol oh and be sure to use a 195 degree tstat not the 180

you should be good just be sure to flush the whoe system. even disconnect the heater cre. when u think its all clean thejn run it for a day or so with just water in it, then reflush and add the new tstat and coolant

Back