ZJ to WJ engine swap?

Rox&Mud

CTB
I'm looking to swap the 4.0 engine from my wrecked ZJ into another Grand. I seem to be finding mostly WJ's right now so....anybody know of any possible issues with this swap?
182.JPG

There are a few differences between the ZJ and WJ 4.0's that will cause an issue for you. Mainly the motor mounts and spark plug coil rail.

Can't do it. Here's the biggest reason why...
The WJ 4.0 and older (ZJ in this case) 4.0 have different bosses cast into the block for the motor mount brackets. Also, the cast in mounts for accessory drive brackets are completely different as well. In addition, the ZJ head will not have the appropriate bosses for the coil pack to mount to.

Thanks for the info. I've never looked under the hood of a WJ and before I went actually looking at them I'd ask you guys.

Well back to my search for a decent ZJ.

Hi-jack... did I miss what happened in the picture?

It almost looks like the jeep was being flat towed behind a camper when the whole thing decided to roll over and take a nap. myself, I dont see enough damage to the jeep to junk it out.

the whole jeep got warped up. It cork screwed behind the truck before he laid the truck on it's side. Where da hell ya'll been at? This happened last labor day weekend coming back to Raliegh from UNF.

That could have had a much worse ending. Glad everyone was ok.

Thanks, still trying to recover from it. I had just put the motor in that Jeep 3 months earlier so I'm having a hard time letting go of a good motor and transmission. At this point everything else left is scrap.

Back