Mac's YJ build with tons and 42's.

IMG_5724.jpeg
IMG_5723.jpeg
IMG_5722.jpeg
IMG_5721.jpeg
IMG_5719.jpeg
Frame side stuff located and clamped in place.

Gonna cycle tomorrow, and if all goes well, weld it up.

IMG_5732.jpeg
IMG_5733.jpeg
IMG_5734.jpeg
IMG_5735.jpeg

Tire only interferes with coilover on fully compressed side by 1/8” just before hitting the steering stop.

That doesn’t bother me bc the shock is fully compressed. It is at its strongest at this position as the piston is farthest from the lower bearing and seal head.

Worst time for side loading is at full extension , and I clear everything there by 3/8-1/2”.

10lbs in 2lb bag

My way for laying out bends, getting the info into bend tech, and getting bend instructions from bend tech.

Also these 1x2 strips are easily adjustable and shows me quickly if I can place all the bends in the same plane or not.

The material added to start and end, is how much material is needed in order to make the miter cuts where the tubing meets the frame at the correct angles.

If the bends are in a different plane, typically I will screw an additional piece perpendicular to determine the rotational angle separately from the bend angle.

Yes I know I can lay it out by hand and bend it, but this gives me record of what I did, and I know if I follow the instructions from cut to layout and bending, I will have the desired part, or I executed something wrong.

Note that I added 1/8” to center dimension vs. wood mockup to help the bend clear the brake line outlets on the master cylinder.

IMG_5817.jpeg
IMG_5818.jpeg
IMG_5821.jpeg
IMG_5820.jpeg
IMG_5819.jpeg
IMG_5822.jpeg
IMG_5823.jpeg
IMG_5824.jpeg

Last edited:
i am just glad to see others paint parts directly on the floor like i do :)

Back