[Sep 25, 2014] 28th Annual SFWDA Dixie Run (Sparta, TN)

ol'Jeeps

Dirty Jeeps...Done Dirt Cheap!
Dixie Run has some changes. SFWDA site here for registration and some info.

http://www.sfwda.org/events/dixierun28

My question so far...

Still dont see who is hosting it this year! Is it actually just gonna be SFWDA?

Do we still need to pre-register or is there no point in pre-registering this year?

DO we still have to pay $99 if we are already a member of SFWDA through our membership in CTB?

Looked like there is a $10 discount for being a member.

Doesn't look like there are any discounts for early registration.

Sat night dinner isn't included in price, haveto buy it separate.

$99 is for 1 rig & 1 person this yr vs 1 rig & 2 ppl in the past

I'm wondering the same things. I'm going to reach out and see if we can get some clarification.

Below the registration form, it says, "*Individual Annual Membership into SFWDA for 2014 is included in the total cost for each Adult ticket."

I... have a hard time seeing anyone thinking that's a good idea, especially when the year is 3/4 over and many of us paid our individual dues with the club at the beginning of the year. What about next year?

As a good friend of mine so eloquently put it, "sounds like BS."

Also, just found on the FB event page, "*All Adult tickets include a 2014 SFWDA Member discount of $10."

If every ticket gets it, it isn't a member discount. They are just playing number games.

As soon as we get done bitching about it, we're registering, right?

Yes, we're going. And, now that I have a full explanation from Ray Stanley, I'm definitely done bitching. :flipoff2:

They're changing the membership structure and pricing. Much of my confusion was due to the old individual and club options still being available on sfwda.org. They are updating and we should expect a statement from Ray/SFWDA, crossposted here as well as on FB, later today.

Below the registration form, it says, "*Individual Annual Membership into SFWDA for 2014 is included in the total cost for each Adult ticket."
I... have a hard time seeing anyone thinking that's a good idea, especially when the year is 3/4 over and many of us paid our individual dues with the club at the beginning of the year. What about next year?
As a good friend of mine so eloquently put it, "sounds like BS."

Also, just found on the FB event page, "*All Adult tickets include a 2014 SFWDA Member discount of $10."

If every ticket gets it, it isn't a member discount. They are just playing number games.

I wonder if it has something to do with insurance. On another forum they mentioned no SxSs allowed because of insurance. I know that when looking into insurance for club rides, riders being a member changed the game significantly.

I wonder if it has something to do with insurance. On another forum they mentioned no SxSs allowed because of insurance. I know that when looking into insurance for club rides, riders being a member changed the game significantly.

Yep.
Thats explicilty why ECORS requires season memberships. In order to race and individual memberships if you just wanted to run a single race ;)

I'll also echo that SxS are becoming a pariah in the insurance world.

In...forever... love gmp

....edit, snappy? trail riding?
In!
Crack Head at midnight once again bro!
@PinkyXJ will be right there with ya!
@redneckcj5guy also, unless he is scared of rolling, again.
And he does that a lot from what i hear.............

He needs to pile in. ...
No rock lights but I LOVE to night wheel. I will just rock the head lamp and do it old school on the night run. I have enough light to light the park just none pointed down.....
Badass has already thrown the bat signal for me to go....

I am. But only if you bring my head mechanic.
And i will pay her in Honey Mustard Fritos again.
Deal?

Deal. I've already put in for vacation. Plan on hauling in at oh dark thirty on Thursday AM.

Back