Guns drawn on Richland Rd

Should be at register of deeds.

I own land on a portion of abandoned hwy in VA. As of Sept 1984 the deed says that the county abandons that portion and the property owners adjacent to the road now own to the midline of the abandon road. In more such legal terms...

In facespace.

Screenshot_20191123-201058_Facebook.jpg

That has been like that for years from what I understand. Still wrong but nothing new. I was up there this past summer with a friend an with written permission From landowner Incase we was stopped. From my take on what I was told (what ever it’s worth). Landowners put up gates with pass codes on the Penny rd side because widows In houses was being busted an things stolen. The other end has added gates that aren’t always shut but have plenty of no trespassing signs. People was leaving trash an other things an landowners got together to block the road. Have had a friend say he was there an people run him off an had guns with them. Unless I go with said friend with permission I’ll just stay away. For me their is no point putting myself in that situation if I don’t need to. When we was there someone has cut trees down trying to block the road between second playground an Cematary.

Last edited:
That has been like that for years from what I understand. Still wrong but nothing new. I was up there this past summer with a friend an with written permission From landowner Incase we was stopped. From my take on what I was told (what ever it’s worth). Landowners put up gates with pass codes on the Penny rd side because widows In houses was being busted an things stolen. The other end has added gates that aren’t always shut but have plenty of no trespassing signs. People was leaving trash an other things an landowners got together to block the road. Have had a friend say he was there an people run him off an had guns with them. Unless I go with said friend with permission I’ll just stay away. For me theirs no point putting myself in that situation if I don’t need to. When we was there someone has cut trees down trying to block the road between second playground an Cematary.

Typical, the problem is people.

#Thanoswasright

Braking the law by placing illegal gates on a public road is not acceptable.

It's very easy to figure out who is responsible for all the rumors over the years, and illegal blocking of public roads if you think about who has the most to gain financially from its closure.......

Super old thread, but is Penley Road from Sampson accessible on a dual sport bike?

Back