02 TJ L83 genV swap

Guys I've heard of screwing up an order but daiuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmm somebody gettin fired from Holley!!
He ordered and paid for 1 LT1 swap motor mounts and I get 2 boxes full of 30...yes that's 30. What in tarnation.....bye felicia
View attachment 358354
1 box for each side of the motor, duh!

I mean...I've had similar things happen to me. Ordered a 4" lift from ORD for my K30. I got sent double what I ordered. Called them and they said keep it. I tried.

Call them, tell them...who knows? Might surprise you.

I mean...I've had similar things happen to me. Ordered a 4" lift from ORD for my K30. I got sent double what I ordered. Called them and they said keep it. I tried.

Call them, tell them...who knows? Might surprise you.
I get that but dang, this would be like 8k screw up lol. Tomorrow we will get this sorted out

Not entirely up to date on all the different chevy V8 engine models other than I know that the 5.3 and 6.0 are the two most commonly swapped ones. Which one is the most ideal for a TJ swap?

Not entirely up to date on all the different chevy V8 engine models other than I know that the 5.3 and 6.0 are the two most commonly swapped ones. Which one is the most ideal for a TJ swap?
The ones you mentioned from my understanding but this 5.3 with a 6spd is picking up little more as they come available in the scrap yards (this is main reason the LT1 isn't as common cause you cant hardly find wrecked vehicles with them). But for a 5.3 @365hp/385tq that's plenty for any TJ build in my opinion lol

The ones you mentioned from my understanding but this 5.3 with a 6spd is picking up little more as they come available in the scrap yards (this is main reason the LT1 isn't as common cause you cant hardly find wrecked vehicles with them). But for a 5.3 @365hp/385tq that's plenty for any TJ build in my opinion lol
Pretty sure you know this just stating it for any others who may wander in here to learn.
Saying a '5.3' doesnt really narrow much down.

You've got Gen 3 5.3s that were 265 hp if memory serves and the L83s are 355hp. And there are aabout 10 variations in between just in 5.3 flavor

Then you have the super confusion of GM re-introducing the LT RPO code but now not as a 5.7 but instead a 6.2 making 755hp stock...

Last edited:
Pretty sure you know this just stating it for any others who may wander in here to learn.

You've got Gen 3 5.3s that were 265 hp if memory serves and the L83s are 355hp. And there are aabout 10 variations in between just in 5.3 flavor

Then you have the super confusion of GM re-introducing the LT RPO code but now not as a 5.7 but instead a 6.2 making 755hp stock...
Actually I learned a little too lol!!

I think there may be more than 10! Wiki LS engine. It's too much to try and even memorize.

I think there may be more than 10! Wiki LS engine. It's too much to try and even memorize.
I agree there's a lot to this whole "LS " stuff lol

I have used the current performance diy harness.....it was pretty nice

Getting some progress..motors ready to get some mounts made. I'm going to also make them on CNC table so I can offer these Gen V swap mounts very affordably! Stay tuned..
20211007_101108.jpg
20211007_142008.jpg

I've got tons of parts in for this thing, motor mounts are almost complete so just about ready to go at it hard in the next week or so. Been crazy busy with stuff (and I'm slow with designing lol)

TJ L83 5.3 swap mounts done!
Nothing fancy but easy to install, no guesswork!
Been so busy and behind schedule but they're perfected after several times tweaking.
Will be posted for sale soon. Bolt in to factory mount hole to allign, then weld em in. Starts with motor 1/4" from firewall/ tub and allows 1" forward movement. Sets the 5.3 about 3/4" to passenger side, no modding of steering shaft!
20211021_161116.jpg
20211021_161100.jpg
20211019_143204.jpg
20211019_143142.jpg
20211019_104627.jpg

Huh....would you look at that? Would you just look at it?

A far cry from square tube exo cages with no triangulation and whatever else this crowd used to mess with you about.

Keep on keepin' on.

Huh....would you look at that? Would you just look at it?

A far cry from square tube exo cages with no triangulation and whatever else this crowd used to mess with you about.

Keep on keepin' on.
Thanks buddy. I think I spent a little too much time making/perfecting them but it will be worth it I think (I hope)

It's all about the marketing. You could have the best product for something, but nobody will ever buy it if they don't know about it. I send a lot of traffic to this site by doing write ups on things and then posting a link to it in a Facebook comment on some Duramax group page. Stuff like that helps. Take lots of pictures, put time in to build threads, and get you one of those yellow (I think) diamonds so you can be a vendor on here and keep everything "legal" so to speak with the folks that run this place.

The build thread I've done on my 2500HD has 65K views. I don't know if the forum software adds to the count if they're repeat views or not, but it's nothing special and there damn sure aren't THAT many people on this forum. It's a good way for people to see things that they want to do themselves, see the product, the fit/finish of it, and see the process of using or installing it. If you put in the leg work, it could really help you out.

It's all about the marketing. You could have the best product for something, but nobody will ever buy it if they don't know about it. I send a lot of traffic to this site by doing write ups on things and then posting a link to it in a Facebook comment on some Duramax group page. Stuff like that helps. Take lots of pictures, put time in to build threads, and get you one of those yellow (I think) diamonds so you can be a vendor on here and keep everything "legal" so to speak with the folks that run this place.
Yeah it's all over Facebook, 17some off road groups I'm a member of, Instagram and very soon a website. I just need to get the LS 5.3/6.0 block measurement to make em work for those as well then website will be made. Little steps but progress!! I'm very excited about this stuff

Definitely get that vendor diamond before the admins smack your pee-pee!

Might as well keep going with it and offer some kind of transmission mount/crossmember if it needs it and other stuff such as that. Maybe even write up a swap guide book or something with some pictures. Who knows? Dudes with Jeeps will spend ridiculous money on them. We all know that much.

Definitely get that vendor diamond before the admins smack your pee-pee
I will, cause I need to get it for other products as well like Firepits, artwork etc.

Dude, you are killin' it!!! How much for a JFab sticker? I'll rock one!

Back