03 Ford 5.4 fuel pressure

Thank you I'll check him out.

It was, if I knew how to go about testing a coil for a random skip I would but it's so random when it acts up that I've been suspecting elsewhere. Several of these I've had show true sign all the time when coil goes bad.
So, you say you have 8 "good" used Motorcraft coils on the shelf. How do you know they are good. If you removed them from the current motor, Why? I have myself installed the cheap coils and two of them were bad from the start. I have had 5.4 coils act intermittently for 2 months before they would crap out. It's always pissed me off.

What i'm saying is, if you have 8 known good coils, put them in. It will take an hour.

I've had new plugs be bad too... Could also be carbon tracking restarting if they were tracked and change could, temp fix till it reestablishes the track on the new boot...

So, you say you have 8 "good" used Motorcraft coils on the shelf. How do you know they are good. If you removed them from the current motor, Why? I have myself installed the cheap coils and two of them were bad from the start. I have had 5.4 coils act intermittently for 2 months before they would crap out. It's always pissed me off.

What i'm saying is, if you have 8 known good coils, put them in. It will take an hour.
They're the old ones, I bought new tune-up stuff and it was a kit with motorcraft plugs and 8coils for 147something. (Preventative maintenance). Been running great till 3weeks ago started this crap.

I've had new plugs be bad too... Could also be carbon tracking restarting if they were tracked and change could, temp fix till it reestablishes the track on the new boot...
Little more detail on this.. my old plugs we're worn evenly and didn't miss or putter ever but seller says had been bout 70k miles since tune up. I sea foamed intake/valves then did tune up after.

So problem started after preventative maintenance?

The fact that you got 8 coils for 147 leads me to believe they're an issue. They're 40 bucks EACH for Motorcrafts from pretty much anywhere I can find them, if not more.

You either got some refurbished junk or some rebranded Chinese parts.

The fact that you got 8 coils for 147 leads me to believe they're an issue. They're 40 bucks EACH for Motorcrafts from pretty much anywhere I can find them, if not more.

You either got some refurbished junk or some rebranded Chinese parts.
I think he's saying he got motorcraft plugs. Then 8 coils. If I understand right.

John, change your coil packs.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Did you change plugs after seafoam?
Yes
I think he's saying he got motorcraft plugs. Then 8 coils. If I understand right.

John, change your coil packs.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Yes correct. I will once I go see the shop results. I'm so busy these days I hate to spend an hour or more swapping coils just to have same results. That would drive me off the deep end since I'm already on edge with it. Thanks guys

Ford computers suck monkey butt!!!!
I'm going to change all my coils this weekend now that I finally slowed down caught up on all my work and I'll have time to do it but I figured out 45mph is the magical speed where this thing will act up like crazy but to my surprise for two days straight now this thing will not set a code to save its life even though it's bumping and hesitating beyond belief at 45 with light throttle WTH?? Stupid Ford computer...lol
I just can't believe with all that hesitating and missing like crazy at that speed and bucking Beyond believe I just can't believe the computer won't pick it up but either way, I'm putting original coils back in this weekend and go from there. Will report back. Thanks yall

It's not just Fords. My 99 Silverado wouldn't throw a code and I knew I had a misfire. It's got to be a very specific misfire for it to register a fault.

Did anybody mention coils on Modular Ford V8s being problematic?
I am I am, still annoying with computer not picking it up lol. Will report Sunday when I swap em back. Thanks guys!

It's not just Fords. My 99 Silverado wouldn't throw a code and I knew I had a misfire. It's got to be a very specific misfire for it to register a fault.
Well it's retarded lol

The ECM doesn't have the sophisticated misfire detection that you think it does, especially if it has a fairly low resolution crank angle sensor. Mostly the ECM detects misfires from crank angle fluctuation, so it's not going to catch everything based on the condition.

The ECM doesn't have the sophisticated misfire detection that you think it does, especially if it has a fairly low resolution crank angle sensor. Mostly the ECM detects misfires from crank angle fluctuation, so it's not going to catch everything based on the condition.
Well I know that now lol. Can't wait to get this running normal again..3weeks now.

If you want to drive down to the two horse then of rutherfordton, I'll hook up my autel and tell you which one(s) it is. Could be the plugs too, just had that issue with a less than 1000 mile plug.

If you want to drive down to the two horse then of rutherfordton, I'll hook up my autel and tell you which one(s) it is. Could be the plugs too, just had that issue with a less than 1000 mile plug.
I was planning on pulling all the plugs back out also tomorrow to clean them and see if any we're arching.
I would but today I'm already driving 2hrs to go get my new axles...Yeiiaahhh

Found my issue ...lower intake gasket leaking, cylinder 2 coil full of coolant.
Is it smart to replace knock sensor while you take all this apart or is it not known to cause issues

What the heck is this pile of crap that fell out everywhere when I removed intake and is it bad. Do I have to get/put insulation back under it..if so can it be regular house R34 insulation

Attachments

• 1518364940952356303999047323169.jpg
    1518364940952356303999047323169.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 165
This f..n Ford :kaioken::kaioken::kaioken::kaioken::kaioken::kaioken::kaioken::kaioken::kaioken::kaioken::kaioken::kaioken::kaioken::kaioken::kaioken::kaioken::kaioken::kaioken:

WTF is that? Is that silt from a flood?
Lol no it's some foam insulation stuff on bottom of intake..it fell everywhere when pulled it out.
Got it back together, still missed even worse with the old coils:wtf:then drove it to Lenoir to pick up granddaughter and ran like :wtf:but at least light came on flashing on way home and cylinder 8 original coil was bad apparently. Finally swapped it few minutes ago with one of the china ones :lol: and all good to go. Now has new intake gaskets, knock sensor, TPS, lower water outlet gasket, heater hoses fixed, redid more vacuum lines too.
Done one hell of a burnout just before came in to really see the full power band and it's all there. Man what a trip it's been with this thing. Gonna pick up Ford coil next check to replace the china one but for now it's holding.

BTW do factory Ford replacement coils say motorcraft on them? 5 out of the 8 are dark grey coils, 1 black, 2 original have the factory writing so are the grey and black ones china junk too?

Back