24x40 Garage Cost? And options

Where are the pics of this and the oil change rti ramp?
funny thing is i haven't done one oil change on the ramp since i built it over a year ago lol...exhaust, trans pans, F&R differential pans...pretty much anything/everything that doesn't require pulling tires off gets done up there unless it's really pouring or doesn't fit. exhaust was the #1 reason i built it lol...i got tired of spending so much time just to safely setup a car/truck to do exhaust work so that's what gave me the idea plus having many extra railroad ties in the yard not being used.

I got mine from versatube. I am very pleased with it. Mine is only 20x24 and I have just under 10k including concrete, electrical, and 3/4 T&G OSB on the walls. My daddy helped me a couple days, other than that, it was just me. I put it up in 10 days.

NCTTORA :: View topic - Brian's shop build

Not bad. Sounds like I could do a little bigger for about 15k then and maybe have somebody put up the main part of it. I passed on the house but there may be another one soon.

Not bad. Sounds like I could do a little bigger for about 15k then and maybe have somebody put up the main part of it. I passed on the house but there may be another one soon.
It's really not hard. The instructions were step by step. Just need 2 people to stand up the ribs, roll out the insulation, and get the metal on the roof.

Anybody know how to read the septic map on this to know if you can put a garage to the left of the house when looking at it? Trying to figure if a few feet off the house you could fit a 24x40 going towards the back yard.

http://gisasp2.wakegov.com/imaps/RequestedPermit.aspx?permit=D040073

upload_2015-8-15_15-50-14.png

Doesn't look like you have much room to put anything up with the notes repair areas (dotted lines)

Your current system is the 3, 100' solid lines. The repair area is both of the dotted lines as the two at the top are 2/3 of the lines and the two near the side yard are the other 1/3 (2, 50' lines there).

Not sure why it was built like this. It will be a PITA to install the new system. Seems like the installer was drunk when he installed. That, or there are trees which they wanted to keep as long as possible.

There are some trees back there I guess they wanted to avoid. How annoying, its a half acre lot you think they would figure out a better way to do it.

Check the zoning first. Many places dictate the placement and orientation of the garage depending on the size,etc. Meck county (for example) usually requires a 3-or-more car garage to be side or rear loading if attached, or to be detached and in the rear yard. So the setback and/or the house placement dictates what you can put where. I researched this before we bought our house, to make sure we could do what we wanted for a garage. Next up, actually building a garage.

It says as-built right on the drawing.

Check the zoning first. Many places dictate the placement and orientation of the garage depending on the size,etc. Meck county (for example) usually requires a 3-or-more car garage to be side or rear loading if attached, or to be detached and in the rear yard. So the setback and/or the house placement dictates what you can put where. I researched this before we bought our house, to make sure we could do what we wanted for a garage. Next up, actually building a garage.

Wake county is fairly easy on it, if its not attached to the house it just can't be in front of the house (there are a couple ways around it).

Wake county is fairly easy on it, if its not attached to the house it just can't be in front of the house (there are a couple ways around it).

That would be awesome. If our zoning was like that I'd do a detached garage in my side yard and prevent having to make a 35 foot breezeway to connect the house and garage with a septic tank in between.

Back