32 spline CV yoke for Dana 300

jeepinmatt

..l.
Need to get a CV style yoke for the HD 32 spline rear output on my D300. I see NP205 32 spline yokes, as well as JK 32 spline yokes. Are all 32 spliners the same?

I know Dodge 32 spline shafts are the same size/cut between the 205/208/241, but some yokes are thicker and take a bigger seal. I think one takes a 1 7/8 seal diameter and one is a 2 1/8? Or something like that.

Duane

Need to get a CV style yoke for the HD 32 spline rear output on my D300. I see NP205 32 spline yokes, as well as JK 32 spline yokes. Are all 32 spliners the same?

No, all the 32sp yokes aren't all the same. ESPECIALLY the NP205 ones.
In the classic 32sp HD output for the Dana300 you'd want an Atlas yoke, with the taper at the end.

Seal surface diameter will depend on which model of HD ouput you have (Advance, Teraflex or JB conversion) but you can usually find seals for each combination.

Basically we need more info if you want us to give you a P/N.

No, all the 32sp yokes aren't all the same. ESPECIALLY the NP205 ones.
In the classic 32sp HD output for the Dana300 you'd want an Atlas yoke, with the taper at the end.

Seal surface diameter will depend on which model of HD ouput you have (Advance, Teraflex or JB conversion) but you can usually find seals for each combination.

Basically we need more info if you want us to give you a P/N.
I can get my own P/N if I have that info, haha. I was hoping it was a simple "yes, they are all they same, but some non-essential variable is different". Guess I'll have to pull it. But I'll have to pull it anyway, so maybe that will motivate me to actually do something. Or not. Maybe @GLTHFJ60 remembers which brand of HD output he put on there?

Confused me is confused.
Pull the flange style yoke off to measure the OD so I know the correct diameter. I'm replacing the flange with a CV yoke.

Pull the flange style yoke off to measure the OD so I know the correct diameter. I'm replacing the flange with a CV yoke.

I got that part.
I'm just confused by why realizing that you have to remove the yoke to measure it seems to be a problem when you will have to remove it no matter what :confused:

I got that part.
I'm just confused by why realizing that you have to remove the yoke to measure it seems to be a problem when you will have to remove it no matter what :confused:
I was hoping to order it and have it on hand without having to crawl under the jeep in the cold wet dirt with an impact and a pipe wrench to get information on something I'm not quite ready to work on but would like to have the parts for when the time comes :D

I was hoping to order it and have it on hand without having to crawl under the jeep in the cold wet dirt with an impact and a pipe wrench to get information on something I'm not quite ready to work on but would like to have the parts for when the time comes :D

You can probably get by with just measuring the seal surface diameter with a pair of calipers and only spend 30 sec under the jeep.

You can probably get by with just measuring the seal surface diameter with a pair of calipers and only spend 30 sec under the jeep.
That's probably the route I will go. Was just hoping to sit here at my desk and do it. Once I get home, I either forget what I need to do, or am too busy to do it.

crawl in the dirt says the man with a shop AND a lift,,,,

crawl in the dirt says the man with a shop AND a lift,,,,
20210210_174451.jpg

It's a revolving door that never rests. Hence why I want to have my shat together before pulling the jeep back in there instead of waiting a month for some obscure backorder part.

Also gotta make room for that lift time you were asking about a week or two ago :flipoff2:

Once I saw your shop rate (feed you and buy drinks) I knew I couldnt afford it...so I laid in dirt..

View attachment 338510

It's a revolving door that never rests. Hence why I want to have my shat together before pulling the jeep back in there instead of waiting a month for some obscure backorder part.

Also gotta make room for that lift time you were asking about a week or two ago :flipoff2:
Are you extending the bed? Pretty jealous as I have been watching way to many sawmill videos lately.

Are you extending the bed? Pretty jealous as I have been watching way to many sawmill videos lately.
No, just some long overdue maintenance, adding some rollers on the backstops, and a larger watertank. Haven't even thought about extending the bed. Now you've sent me down a rabbit hole! But it will already do something like 16'4", and with the natural taper in most logs, there's really no need for more. If you wanna buy it before I go through it, PM me :D But I'm not looking to sail it, so the price won't be super cheap ;)

No, just some long overdue maintenance, adding some rollers on the backstops, and a larger watertank. Haven't even thought about extending the bed. Now you've sent me down a rabbit hole! But it will already do something like 16'4", and with the natural taper in most logs, there's really no need for more. If you wanna buy it before I go through it, PM me :D But I'm not looking to sail it, so the price won't be super cheap ;)
Do not sail it until I can borrow it:D

Do not sail it until I can borrow it:D
If you will fix all the things then you can borrow it and keep it until they are fixed, or 1 week, whichever comes first.

Haha. Maybe I will just borrow/rent it from you, time to time? Not like I currently have a good way to load/move a big log, but i do have plenty of down trees I could see making into lumber.

So bringing this back from the dead...
Finally got the case in and yoke off. 2.125" diameter. I see lots of non-CV NP205 yokes that have 2.125" diameter, but no CV style. Anybody got some knowledge on where to find it? @Bebop @Chris_Keziah

I guess option 2 is buy the non-CV yoke and drill it out (or maybe not, not sure if there's a flat machined or cast on that side). Or option 3 is buy the 1.875" seal diameter CV style yoke and buy a new seal. But I'd prefer to just go with option 1 and buy a 32 spline CV style 130 yoke with a 2.125" seal diameter.

I had to go through something like this when I put a 1410 205 yoke on my 241 after the SYE. Had to get a 2.125" seal and had to shorten the 205 yoke and turn another chamfer on the end of it.

Back