32 spline CV yoke for Dana 300

Get what you can and we can grind and drill it into what you need. It's not rocket science. Ironically look at what's now at my shop. She will be purring by tomorrow afternoon ready to make lots of slabs or whatever I want to practice on. Matt is the bestest friend.
20210906_182429.jpg

@jeepinmatt I may have a yoke that'll work. What size joint do you plan to use?

I think that may be what I have...I'll check in the morning!

So bringing this back from the dead...
Finally got the case in and yoke off. 2.125" diameter. I see lots of non-CV NP205 yokes that have 2.125" diameter, but no CV style. Anybody got some knowledge on where to find it? @Bebop @Chris_Keziah

I guess option 2 is buy the non-CV yoke and drill it out (or maybe not, not sure if there's a flat machined or cast on that side). Or option 3 is buy the 1.875" seal diameter CV style yoke and buy a new seal. But I'd prefer to just go with option 1 and buy a 32 spline CV style 130 yoke with a 2.125" seal diameter.

I don't think they make a 2.125 seal diameter CV yoke in 1310. Honestly I would make a bushing of sorts, 2.125 OD and 1.8745 ID and press it on to this yoke Northern Drivetrain, LLC: Neapco N2-4-5341
I'm not sure that'll it'll work but If I were going down this road on my junk it's what I'd try.

So bringing this back from the dead...
Finally got the case in and yoke off. 2.125" diameter. I see lots of non-CV NP205 yokes that have 2.125" diameter, but no CV style. Anybody got some knowledge on where to find it? @Bebop @Chris_Keziah

I guess option 2 is buy the non-CV yoke and drill it out (or maybe not, not sure if there's a flat machined or cast on that side). Or option 3 is buy the 1.875" seal diameter CV style yoke and buy a new seal. But I'd prefer to just go with option 1 and buy a 32 spline CV style 130 yoke with a 2.125" seal diameter.
Unfortunately I don't know much of anything when it comes to 1310 :(
I would put a 1.875" seal and yoke just for the fact there are no custom parts involved and you can get another identical yoke easily if you have an issue with it.

I don't think they make a 2.125 seal diameter CV yoke in 1310. Honestly I would make a bushing of sorts, 2.125 OD and 1.8745 ID and press it on to this yoke Northern Drivetrain, LLC: Neapco N2-4-5341
I'm not sure that'll it'll work but If I were going down this road on my junk it's what I'd try.
I wonder if said bushing could be milled out of ptfe round bar?

I wouldn't, steel or aluminum would be my pick.
My second thought was aluminum but curious as to why ptfe wouldn't ge a good choice? Its just filling the gap between the shaft and seal, correct? Honestly just wanting to learn.

If Matt only knew someone with a lathe..

Too much to read through. I bought mine through a company in MN that makes what you want.

Northern Driveline

I wouldn't, steel or aluminum would be my pick.
My second thought was aluminum but curious as to why ptfe wouldn't ge a good choice? Its just filling the gap between the shaft and seal, correct? Honestly just wanting to learn.

If Matt only knew someone with a lathe..
Steel for sure. PTFE would be real happy until a piece of grit or bunch of mud shows up. Also, PTFE is a bee-otch to hold and to hold tolerances on. Seals even wear grooves in hardened steel, so I doubt aluminum would last in a normal application. But for me it would probably work, since it will only get 100 miles in the next 20 years. :laughing:

Steel for sure. PTFE would be real happy until a piece of grit or bunch of mud shows up. Also, PTFE is a bee-otch to hold and to hold tolerances on. Seals even wear grooves in hardened steel, so I doubt aluminum would last in a normal application. But for me it would probably work, since it will only get 100 miles in the next 20 years. :laughing:
Roger that.

Back