33 vs 35

I have 33" razr on my fsj. Granted I dont drive it much on the street but I like them. They have done really well on my soggy yard all winter.

I have the Cooper STT Pro on my XJ. They're a little noisy, but the level is expected with an aggressive MT.
They do great off road and in the rain too. Price was right too at Discount Tire

Had STT pro before going all stupid with TSL's

Those coopers were great offroad tires for a rig that still needs to spend 70% of it's time on-road

If you are just driving to and from trail, less than an hour at a time, and are considering any very aggresive tires, a 33" tsl bias is like over 33.5 IIRC, nice in-between. But any modern radial MT is probably fine if the noise and road manners are more important.

Although I'm not sure this is relevant because its not a good street tire I believe the q78 TSL Swamper is an awesome size tire for an XJ. Its about a 35x10.50, I ran these on a Cherokee with a 30/44 (4.56's, Lockright front and a Spool rear). I think i broke maybe 2 front U-joints over several years wheeling Tellico, Harlan, Uwharrie, etc. If you did want to run them I'd suggest a set of 33's for the street and throw the swampers on before the trip or at the park for longer trips.

As it sits, you can go far and have a great time. I'm rolling on JK take offs too (32" BFG KM) with a lunchboxed D44A in the back and an open LPD30 up front. It's been a cheap option for my situation which is A. not a daily driver and B. not much money to throw at this truck. I'm also new at this thing. I had an XJ that was just a hunting truck. It was on 31's with maybe 4" lift. It did great. This WJ does fine for what it is, but I have slashed a couple of tires in the side wall. I've been lucky enough to find the tires for cheap or even free from the great folks here but I'd like to have more sidewall when airing down. I'm thinking of going to ~33" and maybe back to the 16" wheels next time. I'd do 15's but they're pretty darn tight around the brakes on a WJ. I'll probably be on these 32's for another year as I have a few extras mounted and ready to go. I'll just take 2 spares. lol

I can't keep up with the JK's and TJ's and buggies but that's not the purpose of this rig and I have to remind myself of that. I'm Mr. Bypass in a place like Big Creek (which has left it's mark several times in the doors and fenders and wheels and tires and tail lights and mirrors) and still have a great time in there. Not being able to take the obstacles head on will sometimes break some plastic and dent some skin. I don't mind. I'm good to go in URE. I won't be climbing daniel but everywhere else I've been able to get through without any damage. It's good fun that is safe enough and not too crazy that the kiddos are scared.

What I REALLY want is 40's on locked D60's, but who throws that much $ at a unibody wj? Don't answer that...I've seen a few.:D

Razrs are great, they wrinkle and hook like a mtr/k but take hardly any weight to balance while mainting a dang good compound that sticks like gum with a cool 40000 mile tread warranty

I don’t mind road driving mine so far. I’ve only got about 50 road miles on them now. Taking them to Patriot Mtn on Sunday for a shakedown.

Back