36 Hour Uwharrie

motobilt

Anyone have any information on this?? I heard some pretty negative stuff about it all and was curious.

It's a competition. Not for the weak minded or snowflakes. Military style. Lots of different secret missions and tasks and it's usually hot as hell. If anyone has never competed or been a part of it, then their negative words are just fake news.

Curious as to what you've heard, not who said it, just what was said. as there are several on here that have competed or volunteered.

It exceeded my expectations this year.
Worth the entry fee for the amount of fun.
If you’re hearing something from someone who competed, and they didn’t have fun, then it’s absolutely their problem and not 36URE.

I do have my constructive criticisms for the promotion of the event and the event itself, but it has/will go directly to the organizers.

I’ll hear some confirmations before I comment further.

Who am I kidding, I earned this one:
Some people might still be butt-hurt that $80k worth of “overland” shit didn’t reserve them a spot on the podium.

:shotsfired:

I was hoping someone would write up a AAR, but I haven’t seen anything. Maybe I’ll volunteer next year to see how the event works.

Who am I kidding, I earned this one:
Some people might still be butt-hurt that $80k worth of “overland” shit didn’t reserve them a spot on the podium.

:lol::rockon:

I was hoping someone would write up a AAR, but I haven’t seen anything. Maybe I’ll volunteer next year to see how the event works.
I hate acronyms. What’s AAR?

Actually the first day we were out there we didn’t know half of what was going on because the military guys were all talking in acronyms. We had to ask around.

If the volunteer turn out is as big as it seems I don’t see why there would be any danger of discontinuing the event. It’s probably the best PR event uhwarrie OHV has had in a long time. I would certainly try it if I had the time....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I heard, there were some issues when trying to account for some of the funding and apparently the scoring was all kinds of crazy too. I don't, I just thought it was interesting and thought some of y'all had more info on the subject.

I've not competed in it but, I've volunteered every year so, this was my third year helping out with it. It's a great event!!!! I can say that even as a volunteer it can be extremely exhausting, I can't even imagine how exhausting for the competitors!!! But, the fact that quite a few people were competing for their second or third time this year says a lot for the event, I would say! Definitely a challenging event but, really a very enjoyable event, a HUGE variety of physically and mentally demanding activities! I've always had a great time helping out with it and I'm not the only one, there were several volunteers who were helping out for their second or third times as well! I can only speculate on the issues brought up in this thread but, I will say this- I believe the event will continue to be held and will grow even larger next year!

Sorry. Like NickMaul said, AAR = After Action Report. Seems like the event has potential to be awesome, but I’ve never seen any mention or write up of it post-competition. Not even a finishing order or trophy stand pic.

Back