37" Sticky Tire Opinions

Mac5005

Im wanting opinions on 37 - 38" tall sticky tires for an upcoming project. Set on 17" wheels.

Im interested in several tires, and set on stickies as this will see no street use.

Not for racing, but not strickly for crawling.

I will be adding quotes on tires as I receive them.

Bfg krawlers. 2k price on pirate, JMG is $1680

auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160404_1221ae16dd159057e4fc1bb7c2ae3a12.jpg

Bfg krt-b $1793

auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160404_304dd14239658cc999941e3608679e98.jpg

Bfg kr2-s. $1853

auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160404_b55aa664c3adb3ae02c644950c450318.jpg

Maxxis treps. $1964 from pirate

auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160404_37e3680b52aa50495b3cf1fb4483a883.jpg

Falken mt. $340 ea plus FALKEN TIRE MT mud terrain 37" 35" 17" nitto goodyear maxxis bfg

auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160404_7c126c9fa1f2637e63dcb1c8eb093e72.jpg

Irok $2708 from one vendor, Motobilt was less than $2400.

Lakesea. $1400 plus shipping from texas

auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160404_781d24f5261ada387b311755d2e441d7.jpg

Goodyear

Last edited:
scott goforth said he would order any tire I wanted in sticky compound when I was looking for a 32" sticky for mini buggy. But, wouldn't be cheap. Maybe see what he can actually get. Maybe he wasn't BSing

We have a set of the KR2's in the qualifying compound on one of the shop JK's and they are holding up well. I would think the standards would be good also. I'm running Red label Krawlers on my JK currently and they have been great so far. They are a good bit softer than the old blues I ran before so I suspect when I actually get to using them they will make me happy.

The only others on your list I can comment on are the Falkens. I have a number of friends that have run them and they burn through them quick. They do work pretty well though.

I loved my 37 sticky Treps.
They worked amazing and had a tough sidewall (unlike the BFGs) that took several gashes and never cut.

They were a sticky, running on the street would make you sad very, very quickly. On a highway run on a hot enugh July day you could see the tread patern

Check SavvyOffroad for the Falkens. The 37" isn't as sticky as the 38.5". There are also Nittos and Toyos, but idk where to get them.

Ive also heard the KR2s have a tougher sidewall than the Reds, but aren't quite as sticky.

From others that have inquired about Interco stickies... You can get any tire that is made in the states, in a sticky, but there is a 50 set minimum IIRC. Scott might be able to work a better deal since he buys so much, or he might be willing to order 50 sets of the right tire. I think a 36 or 38.5 SX sticky would be sweet.

We have a set of the KR2's in the qualifying compound on one of the shop JK's and they are holding up well. I would think the standards would be good also. I'm running Red label Krawlers on my JK currently and they have been great so far. They are a good bit softer than the old blues I ran before so I suspect when I actually get to using them they will make me happy.

The only others on your list I can comment on are the Falkens. I have a number of friends that have run them and they burn through them quick. They do work pretty well though.
How does the kr2-s compound compared to the red label krawler compound. Trying to get an understanding of comparison of the kr2, and kr2-s compounds vs the red label krawlers.

It seems the krt-b are a soft compound but are on the Baja carcass that flexes less than the krawlers.

I'm curious if the kr2-s is similar to the red label krawlers in compound but possibly have a tougher sidewall, but not as tough of sidewall as the krt-b

Check SavvyOffroad for the Falkens. The 37" isn't as sticky as the 38.5". There are also Nittos and Toyos, but idk where to get them.

Ive also heard the KR2s have a tougher sidewall than the Reds, but aren't quite as sticky.

From others that have inquired about Interco stickies... You can get any tire that is made in the states, in a sticky, but there is a 50 set minimum IIRC. Scott might be able to work a better deal since he buys so much, or he might be willing to order 50 sets of the right tire. I think a 36 or 38.5 SX sticky would be sweet.
Looks to me that nitto and toyo price themselves out of this contest.....

That and im nobody which makes both nearly impossible to get.

How does the kr2-s compound compared to the red label krawler compound. Trying to get an understanding of comparison of the kr2, and kr2-s compounds vs the red label krawlers.

It seems the krt-b are a soft compound but are on the Baja carcass that flexes less than the krawlers.

I'm curious if the kr2-s is similar to the red label krawlers in compound but possibly have a tougher sidewall, but not as tough of sidewall as the krt-b

Id' say when the KR2-S was new it was slightly softer than the red Label but probably not much. I wished at this point I took durometer measurements on both tires. At this point they have both been through a number of heat cycles so it wouldn't be an apples to apples comparison. I can say that we thought we would have burned the KR2's up pretty quick but they are holding up well. They probably have close to 4k street miles on them with a number of wheeling trips on them. They don't seem to chunk real bad since they have a shorter tread block. All around they have been a great tire. One thing that we have noticed is they must have a different belt design between the Krawler and the KR2 as we have noticed the KR2's flat spot a little worse.

@Mac5005 is that 1680 through the race program and JMG? Just going through the site they are 1992.80 with taxes and all to my door.

Who sells the Lakesea MTr/Irok hybrid? There was a guy on the book of faces who said he loved them, got them from a guy in Texas but has since disappeared before I can get his info. Ive seen SX, krawlers and treps in action, the treps are unbelievable in my opinion. How the wrap and fold over rocks was insane...

@Mac5005 is that 1680 through the race program and JMG? Just going through the site they are 1992.80 with taxes and all to my door.

IIRC Jackson is in SC so you're probably getting hit with more tax than us NC guys :fuck-you::D I know there was a topic about the cost of red's through Jackson on Hardline a while back for the general yayhoo and it varied from state to state.

Who sells the Lakesea MTr/Irok hybrid? There was a guy on the book of faces who said he loved them, got them from a guy in Texas but has since disappeared before I can get his info. Ive seen SX, krawlers and treps in action, the treps are unbelievable in my opinion. How the wrap and fold over rocks was insane...

Travis, near Houston Texas is all I know. I have a phone number and email.

That's why I like it hahaha at one point on pirate they were selling for 285/tire for 37s.. I still would go Treps, if I wasn't on d44s I would have them in 37s or 40s,don't think rubicon axles would do well with Treps

Ive been looking heavily into these tire lately and cant seem to find any real world info. Every time you look up reviews on pirate it turns into a pissing contest with the ultra4 crowd.

I'm just looking for some real world info on the 38s. Do they work like a red? Tread ware doesn't matter to me cause mines a trailer queen that probably sees 30 miles of street a year. Just interested in performance.

Ive been looking heavily into these tire lately and cant seem to find any real world info. Every time you look up reviews on pirate it turns into a pissing contest with the ultra4 crowd.

I'm just looking for some real world info on the 38s. Do they work like a red? Tread ware doesn't matter to me cause mines a trailer queen that probably sees 30 miles of street a year. Just interested in performance.

They work great off road from what I have seen. You can basically watch them wear out driving down the road similar to the sticky treps. I believe they may have fixed this problem with their DOT tires but I know at first even they were wearing out extremely quick. Most of my buddies that run them are on the deal with Falken so they are getting tires for very little.

With all that said I know of a couple big companies that were with BFG and Falken lured them away. A year later and both companies are back with BFG. I actually think the Falkens could be great tire but they need to work on their compounds a little and then their sizes. It doesn't make much sense to me to have a 37 and then 38. Why not 37, 40, 42.

To answer your question in short I think you would be happy with them. If a 38 fits your build than I would give them a shot.

They ran the 37" Falken on the Ultimate Adventure last year. I heard mixed reviews from that about the tire. Most of the negatives were about them cleaning out in the wet stuff (it rained a lot). That is a common issue with all the stickies, other than maybe SX or Trep. The 37 is also not as soft as the 38 either.

The biggest downside for the Trep is weight. It's a heavy tire compared to all the rest, so likely not the ideal solution for smaller axles or low hp.

Apparently if you click the more info link, you can send an email to Greg Adler.

Maybe @greg slade or @StapleHead could give us more info if 4WP can get them for customers, or if its a racer only tire.
I sent an email asking more more info and making the point about bfg opening up race tire sales to enthusiasts. We will see if I get a response...lol

There is some good info on hardline.

Several are running them and did well on some know obstacles, and performed similar to a trep, and actually better than the red label on that day...

I'd be interested in the 38s are stickiier. My guess is that the 37s are dot to meet emc requirements.

For me these will never see street time.

If I could get some kr2 blacks in 39" I would put a set on my yj in a heartbeat for the 10% I drive on street instead of my square sx2s. Sad that there is no more, and no plans to make any more.

Back