4.3 TBI fueling issues

I have a winALDL and a few different programs, so I can see the variables and I can adjust timing and fuel pressure, but I am not sure how to make adjustments to the fuel maps or what have you. I feel like I have a bit of power left on the table that I really need to fine tune for. Any particular programs for that, or @R Q , who's your guy in Rock Hill?
I looked into the laptop and cable deal and was heading that route but I was in a time crunch and found a guy who puts you ride on his Dyno and reads the info and burns a chip for you. I got my moneys worth because he did a LOT of runs because I had issues. AJ 414 339 6122

Thanks @R Q it's good to have that option!

@R Q , how much of a gain did you from getting a new chip burnt? Or is it more for reliability and driveability?

@R Q , how much of a gain did you from getting a new chip burnt? Or is it more for reliability and driveability?
With mine it was more of an issue of getting it to run correctly. I put a cam in it and some other goodies to bump the power so it needed a lot of help. AJ almost doubled the power and torque from when I first brought it to him. A stock build should be a lot closer right off the bat and the self tuning with the laptop should be easier too. But I have to say, AJ worked it to get it right for me. He watched to torque and HP curves and got them to work off of idle as best as possible but also to be strong thru the whole range.

Ditto what @Tim C said... most of the info for the 3 TBI swaps I've done came from the BinderPlanet.
I've got the same Moates burner (28-pin EEPROM) and have modded 6-7 ECMs to accept them.

@YJJPWrangler, I agree with @RQ... unless you've got something other than a stock 4.3L, you might be able to sneak a few extra HP out of it with a tune, other wise it is what it is...

Back