4 Wheel Parts Charlotte - Opinions are like...

seed60

Messaged 4wp in Charlotte about some TSL SXs in February. Was given an awesome quote or so I thought. I drive down to pick them up after 6 weeks and they ordered the wrong tires. They quoted me the regular TSLs price instead of the SXs and would not honor their original quote. Even though I had messages as proof of their quote.

The manager was apologetic and I know he didn't do it on purpose. But I was basically told that it was not his problem that I wasted 2 afternoons and the fuel to come pick up the wrong tires. I would've got them from another vendor had it not been for their original quote.

Do not trust 4 wheel parts word. They do not stand by it.

Matt

I think that's just that 4 Wheel Parts. I've never really been happy with the customer service there at all. Never been to the Raliegh store but have heard great things about them.

Sounds typical of 4 wheel parts.
I actually applied to work at the one in Raleigh, didn't get it, think I was asking too much pay and lived too far away. Looking back I'm super glad. Just about every review anywhere online is horrible and I had my own experience that wasn't so great.

Discount tire is where its at for tires. Great thread on here about the customer service from discount tire in Mooresville.

4wheel Parts in Raleigh has bent over backwards to help me out on an issue that they didnt even make the sale on.
Greg and the guys run a great shop imho.

I havent dealt with Ryan in Charlotte personally but Ive heard lots of good stuff from trusted friends.

Sometimes in business misunderstandings happen.
I'm curious hwo you "messaged" them.

If they gave you a formal quote Im pretty sure the state attorney general would make them honor it.

Even if they didnt good customer service would probably dictate a redcued mounting and balance fee to offset the difference or some other token of apology.

However like always there are 2 sides to every story...be interesting to hear the other one.

Discount tire is where its at for tires. Great thread on here about the customer service from discount tire in Mooresville.

Pretty sure that discount tire won't let a set of tires go for less than their cost if the order was quoted incorrectly.

There mounting and balancing fee was outrageous. I was quoted 143 for mounting and balancing 4 tires a couple of weeks ago when I picked my tires up I had ordered.

Not many places would and I can't blame them. However 4wp should have done something to help the guy out. Most places don't make much off tires.

My point was that the service from discount tire stands out. The story I'm thinking of, the manager went above and beyond to help a guy from after a new tire blew out in Harlan.

There mounting and balancing fee was outrageous. I was quoted 143 for mounting and balancing 4 tires a couple of weeks ago when I picked my tires up I had ordered.

Where?

If discount, sounds like they included the "insurance"... that adds $25-30 per tire.

Where?

If discount, sounds like they included the "insurance"... that adds $25-30 per tire.

At 4 wheel parts in Charlotte. Was going to get them mounted there but not when I can for 40 at my local tire shop.

143 is average for a big shop , 22-45$ per tire

Local shops average from 10-20$
The 2 that I deal with will beat most anyones price and mount them for free if you buy from them.

Buckeye Performance Inc.
828-779-2242

Messaged 4wp in Charlotte about some TSL SXs in February.They quoted me the regular TSLs price instead of the SXs and would not honor their original quote. Even though I had messages as proof of their quote.

The manager was apologetic and I know he didn't do it on purpose. I would've got them from another vendor had it not been for their original quote.

Do not trust 4 wheel parts word. They do not stand by it.

Matt
So you admit that the quote you got WAS NOT for the tires that you ordered.
Maybe you fucked up there hero.
I have done business with damn near all the vendors on this forum and a shit ton of members.
All good.
< I call bullshit> Rant off.
And the manager at 4wp in Charlotte is a stand up guy!
Trust me on this one.
My name is Paul and i don't give a shit.

4wheel Parts in Raleigh has bent over backwards to help me out on an issue that they didnt even make the sale on.
Greg and the guys run a great shop imho.

I havent dealt with Ryan in Charlotte personally but Ive heard lots of good stuff from trusted friends.

Sometimes in business misunderstandings happen.
I'm curious hwo you "messaged" them.

If they gave you a formal quote Im pretty sure the state attorney general would make them honor it.

Even if they didnt good customer service would probably dictate a redcued mounting and balance fee to offset the difference or some other token of apology.

However like always there are 2 sides to every story...be interesting to hear the other one.

I messaged them here first and then ordered in person.

So you admit that the quote you got WAS NOT for the tires that you ordered.
Maybe you fucked up there hero.
I have done business with damn near all the vendors on this forum and a shit ton of members.
All good.
< I call bullshit> Rant off.
And the manager at 4wp in Charlotte is a stand up guy!
Trust me on this one.
My name is Paul and i don't give a shit.

The fuck up was between his eyes and ears to his hands when he ordered them. I specifically wrote and said TSL SXs. If I can't trust them to order the correct tires after that. That's not on me. Then tell me it was not his problem I wasted my time and money even though it was directly his fault. I'd just rather take my business elsewhere.

Never used 4WP in Charlotte... but this is why I refuse to give any business to Galloways.
Talked to Lester on the phone, he agreed to price match summit on a set of new tsls. We fine tuned the details and I agreed I would be there before the end of the day.
Upon arrival he blatantly denied our phone call ever happening, and went on to say he didn't even have the tires in stock, but he would love to sell me a different set.

Burn me bad once and I won't give you the chance to burn me again.

Never used 4WP in Charlotte... but this is why I refuse to give any business to Galloways.
Talked to Lester on the phone, he agreed to price match summit on a set of new tsls. We fine tuned the details and I agreed I would be there before the end of the day.
Upon arrival he blatantly denied our phone call ever happening, and went on to say he didn't even have the tires in stock, but he would love to sell me a different set.

That's actually the standard procedure from the training manual at Galloways.

I'm a bit surprised by 4Wheel Parts though. Those guys have always treated me right.

That's actually the standard procedure from the training manual at Galloways.

I'm a bit surprised by 4Wheel Parts though. Those guys have always treated me right.

I haven't dealt with 4WP Charlotte, so I won't speak on them, but if I were in his shoes, I would not use them again. I was beyond disappointed by Galloways because some friends had spoke highly of them (Little did I know at the time those friends had connections to the family I was unaware of, and they do get proper service, but I did not)

Am I curious to hear the other side of the story? Yes... But lately miscommunication happens all the time and every business is bound to have a few big issues, for all we know he was having a bad day or he didnt take the order etc... Shit does happen.

*gasp* you attempted to by *new tires??*. Hell is freezing over. Hahahaha

Begins Rant...

Don't use the one in Salisbury then...if you're not going in there for anything but new tires, all you'll get is 'they can't do anything' for you but sell you two new tires. I don't consider myself a stupid man, but I'm apparently the dumbest guy in the room when I walk in there. Chick was having issues with crazy wear on one tire that she bought from DT with warranty coverage. I brought the tire in the store originally because it was tell tale bad belt symptoms...I was walked out the door being told it's obviously a wear item that had gone bad causing the issue...and that they wouldn't just replace one tire anyway, I'd have to buy two. Brought it to a buddy's shop...sure enough, busted belt. Brought it back to DT, requested to only speak to a manager...told him what I found...I was fed some line that since another shop touched the tire they were no longer liable, and that the tire was too far gone to determine what came first, a bad belt or some other issue causing the tire to go bad. But they could offer me a $75 credit on a new tire...but they couldn't just sell one. Hopped on Tire Rack and got what I needed.

Had another issue, from the same set of tires as mentioned above, got a nail in the tread...they do free plugs (yeah right) and I was passing by during lunch. Since I hadn't brought the vehicle back in for the free tire rotations (I did it myself every oil change), they couldn't validate the maintenance history, so they didn't know if the tire would be receptive to a plug, and they couldn't do it...but they could sell me a replacement tire, but they don't just sell one individual tire. Got a $7 plug kit at a box store on the way home that afternoon and took care of it myself.

And the third strike...picked up a nail one morning on my way to work. Decided to to give DT one last try since they were the closest tire shop. My tire went from 32psi when I left for work to 8psi by the time I pulled in to DT. Told them I just needed a plug, I was losing air pretty quickly. The store manager went out to my car, said I was running on too low of a psi and there would be heat damage to the sidewall. I told him, I had driven all of 10 miles cumulatively that day and lost 24psi over that span...I just needed a plug and I'd be on my way. Couldn't plug it, but he could sell me a tire, but they don't just sell individual tires. So I drove across the street to the BP, got a plug kit and was on my way.

/rant

I was beyond disappointed by Galloways because some friends had spoke highly of them (Little did I know at the time those friends had connections to the family I was unaware of, and they do get proper service, but I did not)

I hear that about Galloway's all the time...but I did go to high school with the boys, and have never had a bad experience down there though. Any time they get a new Ford back in the pick-n-pull, I usually get a call. They've always been really good calling me for any decent used sets that come in I might be interested in. Shoot...last time I was there, Lester pulled me over to pick as many apples as I wanted off his trees. Hell, I even felt a little guilty not buying my last set of Boggers from them, but Miles had a deal I just couldn't pass up. But yes, I do hear the nepotism runs deep.

This is Ryan, Manager at 4 Wheel Parts Charlotte. First and foremost I am sorry that the transaction did not work out and that you did not get the tires that you wanted. I would like to clarify a few things;
After the 3rd message I provided you a part number of the tire prior to you purchasing it.
You came to the store and I provided you with a receipt with the part number and desription at the time you placed the order.
At the end when I explained this to you you stated that you do not go by part numbers. Unfortunetaly I have to go by part numbers.
I never stated that it was not my problem or that it was your problem.
I intended on getting the correct part and never purposly order the tires you did not want.
I treated you professionally and courteusly at all times.
I did offer to to pay the $145 freight on the other tires and check with the vendor for the backorder and work with you to get the tires you wanted, and that you would have to pay the difference in the tire price and I would pay the freight.
I am not looking for a debate on a public forum but feel that some facts should be known. Obviously I did not order the tires that you wanted. I do not understand where a lack of trust would come from when a miscommunication occurred.

Last edited:
I've had a few dealings with 4wd several years ago, one bad and one good. The bad was some bad tech advice that basically pissed me off but looking back I was probably 49% wrong for getting mad. On the good, I ordered a locker and received the wrong one via mail order. I don't remember who the manager was at the time but they put the correct part in a junk car in the parking lot so I could grab it after hours. Notice that I didn't actually order it from Charlotte but used the catalog and they blindly put a new part outside with the promise that I would leave the incorrect one.

I just had a great experience with 4WP in Charlotte. Was looking for adjustable ride height bilstein 5100s for my Tundra. Everywhere I searched was backordered. I just went to the store one day and Shelby ordered them for me along with a new set of tires. Tires came in a couple weeks before the shocks. They let me know when the tires were in, then called me when the shocks came in to schedule install on all of it at the same time. Less than a month from order to install on a nationally backorderd item.

Back