45 days and 45 nights, updated :)

Be careful in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg the covid is pretty bad there right now. There have been several family's the went there from Ky. That came home with covid.

Be careful in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg the covid is pretty bad there right now. There have been several family's the went there from Ky. That came home with covid.

We stayed away from everyone for the most part. Only real interaction with someone was at the indoor skydiving place.

Edit: I forgot we went to the NASCAR go cart track here. We kept our distance. People were weird. Most were wearing cowboy boots with shorts, wife beaters, pit vipers, and mullets. I thought I was at a casting call for Taledaga Nights 2. It was weird. We kept our distance.

7CB1CA40-4381-42AB-8193-F16AD83FD5F0.jpeg

Last edited:
Unless I missed it, I'm kinda disappointed yall went all over the country and didn't visit Rock City in Georgia.

@rockcity I’m curious why y’all didn’t just toss the dog in for the ride.

most national parks don’t allow dogs on most trails, etc. And no way in hell am I leaving a 1 year old lab puppy alone in the RV all day!

He was due for some professional obedience and gun dog training anyway, so instead of boarding him we decided to send him to gun dog school for 6 weeks. In actuality, it was cheaper to send him to school than to the local kennel for boarding.

I love to travel , but that last leg home is always rewarding.

On the drive from OKC to pigeon fordge, everyone was excited to get back home. But tonight around the campfire eating our last dinner (Wood grilled steaks, etc), everyone was remembering and talking about the things we did and what we liked or didn’t like. Everyone seemed bummed we had to go home, especially me. I’m probably a Gypsy at heart and could just be a bum and travel and do things like this the rest of my life and be completely content. I would probably have to find a cheaper way to do it but at heart, I could be content being “homeless” and traveling the rest of my life, just experiencing the world.

On the drive from OKC to pigeon fordge, everyone was excited to get back home. But tonight around the campfire eating our last dinner (Wood grilled steaks, etc), everyone was remembering and talking about the things we did and what we liked or didn’t like. Everyone seemed bummed we had to go home, especially me. I’m probably a Gypsy at heart and could just be a bum and travel and do things like this the rest of my life and be completely content. I would probably have to find a cheaper way to do it but at heart, I could be content being “homeless” and traveling the rest of my life, just experiencing the world.
I have been on the road since 1993 , I’m ready to to ungypsy for a little while.

I added up the receipts and it looks like 1055 gallons. I know there were a few receipts that never printed and I didn’t want to go inside to get them, so those few are estimated.

that puts me right around 6.3 mpg overall, which sounds about right from my random mpg checks throughout the trip with a mix of flatland, mountain passes, and running with and without the generator.

I'm gonna bet 1050 gallons.

I'll go with 1055.

Back