'57 GMC - COE Truck

Hoping to work on this some this weekend! Last weekend was a total bust along with all of this past week since it decided to be winter again. Really could use some local tractor or backhoe help with the engine transfer... since I have following of local spectators!

Last edited:
Have the engine and transmision almost ready to pull! The tractor I was going to use to do the swap is not available for a while, anyone interested in trading some help for a few hours with their tractor(boom pole or front end loader)/skid steer/backhoe for some parts? Look at my ad in the parts for sale section....

Have the engine and transmision almost ready to pull! The tractor I was going to use to do the swap is not available for a while, anyone interested in trading some help for a few hours with their tractor(boom pole or front end loader)/skid steer/backhoe for some parts? Look at my ad in the parts for sale section....

Still in need, anyone? I have the engine ready to pull just nothing to pull it with!

Neighbor got his tractor back up and running, Guess what's under the blue tarp!

IMG_1781[1].JPG

This week I'll be bolting the mounts to the frame and hopefully have the neighbor back over with the tractor next weekend and engine running by next week.... Doubt this will be streetable by the Rod Run in Pigeon Forge (April 6-8) but it sure was a nice dream...

Last edited:
It's been a while since I've posted, I completely stripped the 85 and sold the bare Cab, frame, and title! It's out of the yard! Ready to put the engine, transmission and transfer case in!

Back