96-97 Lincoln Town Car

cyoung

Any of you guys ever own one of these? I know they are a serious "grandpa" car but I think they are kind of cool, get pretty good gas milaeage apparently (25-26 on the hwy) and you can buy a really nice one for not much money. Probaly $2,000 - $2,500 for a nice 100k mile or so car.
Comments?...... be nice.

Ive always liked Lincoln Town Cars. The ones i rode in were like floating down the road. Do it.

Folks used to always have one. Just traded in the last one for an MKX. sad they changed up (down) the LTC.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

It was an option all through the 90s iirc. When it goes out and it will you get the Carolina squat or a 1,200 bill

I like the fact that these cars can be had pretty cheap, will boil the rear tires down as long as you stay on the skinny, and get right at 30mpg.

I thought you could do a conversion to springs pretty cheap?

yes. lazy response by me.
Converting it is another and better option. and probably easily done by most on this board.
For the typical grandma,. not so much.

I like the Lincoln Town Car, but if I was going to buy a luxury car of that vintage, I would buy a 93-96 Cadillac Fleetwood. They came with the LT1 350 motor.

acdn.pinthiscars.com_images_1996_cadillac_fleetwood_wallpaper_4.jpg

Wow that is even more "old man" than the Lincoln! I bet it doesn't get the gas mileage the Lincoln does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow that is even more "old man" than the Lincoln! I bet it doesn't get the gas mileage the Lincoln does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just looked it up because I had no idea. According to google, they are both listed as the exact same mpg, LOL! 17 city/25 hwy. The Fleetwood has 260hp though vs 210hp for the Town Car.

Back in 1999 my grandfather had a Towncar, and thought it was extremely fast, I had a 1999 Z28, and we were driving to the beach. I was following him and on an open stretch of road, he slows down, waves me past him, as I get up next to him, he punches the 'ole towncar (my grandfather was cool like that), I mashed the gas on the Z28 and blew the doors off of the towncar. We stop and the next exit and he was like "Well I thought this was fast car..."

Another story, I took this same grandfather's towncar to prom one year, after me and my buddies dropped off our dates we took the old towncar out and did burnouts haha

I would have a 1998-2001(ish) in a friggin HEARTBEAT for a daily driver! After 2003 or so they were just glorified crown vics, but I LOVE the 1998 style.

IMG_1492.JPG
IMG_1493.JPG
IMG_1490.JPG
IMG_1491.JPG
Well now I am officially in my grandpa "pimpin" ride. Bought it from somebody we know. One owner, 80k miles. Maybe the cleanest 20 year old car I've seen. The lovely rugs on the floor have been there since the car was new so even the carpet looks brand new. Paid a bit more than I should have but since I knew the owner didn't mind a bit extra. We'll see how it works out.
ut.

Back