A build of poor decisions

Ordered an AEM FIC-6. Its a piggy back unit. I'll wire that turd in and drag it to Sneed's Speed Shop in Pfafftown and get it tune. Then I'll be racecar.

What'd Sneed's quote you to tune? Back when I was pricing out my cage they told me $3500 lol. Needless to say I didn't respond being that marsfab quoted me $1500 and I sent then both the same pics.

$3-400, that's assuming I wire it in etc so all they would be doing is tuning it. Evidently there are some models he can turn the factory ECU into a standalone, but mine isn't one of them.

They're similar, but not quite. I actually bought this engine and rebuilt it from Sean Divinney.

On a totally unrelated note, while joy riding and putting around the neighborhood, I've been noticing a metallic clang when changing directions and some roaring when at speeds. I've noticed this a few times in the past, but hell, its a pile of junk so whatever. I guess it was about time to change the fluid in the rear diff... IMG_5362.JPG

This past weekend, I made a few discoveries about my buggy.

1) It is pretty friggin fast
2) It has a tendency to launch itself up things when it randomly gains traction with ungodly wheel speed
3) Sneed's Speed shop has no idea how to tune someone for anywhere other than wide open.

I spend a majority of the day stalling out rich as hell, flooding etc when trying to crawl things, revving it to clear the fuel out. Super irritating. Called him Monday and theoretically, he's refunding my half of my money. It had multiple dead spots in it even accelerating to full throttle. The bottom end was a joke. Wide open, while it did run well, it was running almost 10.5:1 instead of around 12:1. Still a rich top end. Down low, it would peg my gauge rich. This is his "tune"... all $400 worth of it...
FullSizeRender.jpg

I spent about 2 hours Sunday afternoon tuning it myself, just driving around the property with a laptop and draggin the brakes etc. Running much, much better. Bottom and top end. This is my tune as of now.
IMG_5392.JPG

See a difference???

Anyway, here are two videos from DPG. I would get pissed at it stalling and just nail it. Then it got addicting.

Welllll I haven't posted in a while, but I've done some tuning myself. Went to gulches this past weekend and made a whole hell of a lot of noise. Because racecar. Now I need to figure out how to get that hop out of the front end...

awesome little turbo buggy you got here, love the videos!! Awesome work man

Thanks. This one kinda hurt lol

when I see buggy guys like yourself doing this kinda stuff, I only think 2 words......"Crazy Ass" LOL. you guys are nuts and have more of them than I ever will in this sport. Stay safe and blessed, Peace!

This is the first time I've had axle hop. There's about 9-10" separation. 3link with track bar. Shocks are mounted to the link about 6" from axle attachment so there's a little extras leverage on them. I was looking into solving that hop issue soon.

This is the first time I've had axle hop. There's about 9-10" separation. 3link with track bar. Shocks are mounted to the link about 6" from axle attachment so there's a little extras leverage on them. I was looking into solving that hop issue soon.

Have you had it on something similar before where there wasn't enough quick traction or momentum to crest or climb?

it could be coming from the links and you happened to be at the right angle to have the COG at the right place compared to the IC of the front suspension.

I understand that, I would throw down with a tape measure and put it in the link calculator. See what you have.
This x2.

I have a similar problem with my rear suspension, but only on certain areas similar to the video.

Any less or more wheel speed and it's a non issue, but a specific combo of geometry, traction, and wheel speed, and it shows.

Awesome seeing the videos after following the build.

Soooo, I ordered some air bumps. For some reason, my poly ones don't love me anymore and are trying to make their great escape. Hopefully get them babies installed this weekend or early next week, depending on when they get here from commi-fornia.

Cause weekend of Apr 9, I'll be doing the Uwharrie 500. And me + burms = need for bumpstops.

What bumps did you get?

Nice. I ordered the same thing

Back