A Christmas Story...

R Q

So I'll tell y'all story. Around 1984. I was going Christmas shopping at the very last minute like I always did a couple days before Christmas. I would take a day off from work on the last weekday before Christmas to do my shopping. So this particular year I had gone to Eastland Mall in Charlotte, and was cutting through a neighborhood and waiting my turn to pull out, and as I looked left a drunk guy in an El Camino locked eyes with me, and rather than finish his turn, he drove straight into me and rammed into the side of my truck. He then proceeded to back up and takeoff, running away from the accident. So I had to wait untill traffic cleared and then spun my truck around in the intersection and went back after him. I found his El Camino with the door open sitting in a parking space, but he was gone! So as I'm trying to gather my thoughts and actions, someone tells me that he's beside a building taking a leak. So as he walks back up, I tell him he just hit my truck and he tells me "fuck you" and proceeds to try to leave. As he is getting his key out of his pocket, he dropped it on the ground and I picked it up and put it in my own pocket and then the fight was on! I was about 22 years old at this point, and did not consider myself a bad ass, just a big guy who was just hoping he would do the right thing. Well, he didn't and he took a swing at me, actually it was more of a slap, and he scratched my face with his fingernail, but at that point I realized I was in a fight and proceeded to give him one. Well, in a few seconds, I had him in a full Nelson on the ground and he wasn't going anywhere. And then an off-duty female cop comes up to the scene and tells me to get off of him and that she'll take care of it from here. (He would've been a lot better off if I just kept holding him...) So as soon as I got off of him, he started to resist and this little 5'4" policewoman beat the snot out of this guy kicking him and hitting him with the Billie stick, (which were still aloud at that point), and then her police officer boyfriend also got on the scene and subdued him and put him in handcuffs. They both apologized to me for not jumping in sooner, but they both actually said they were just watching as I took the man down. Lol.

Well... I'm a few beers deep. I shared a post on FB about this
And it got me to thinking... lol
1703126441626.png

Back