A real brush truck!

335/80R20s. Says it in the first post. They look like Continental MPT 81s to me.

Edit: Damn! They're expensive! I want a set for my CUCV though...

Yea that’s what they are.
It’s one of these kits Single Wheel Conversion - Buckstop Truckware

It says the wheels are reversible and I might try and flip the rears around to get a little more width. That will put the stems to the inside which will suck.

42F06141-3C8D-4A24-A7FB-67D80FD5E77E.jpeg

Got some of the boxes mounted Friday. Hopefully get the skid unit started soon.

It'll still be easy to get to the stems since they're 20s. Definitely looks badass.

I want to hear the final report when it's put to the test. I almost hung our brush truck (same exact truck) last night on relatively level ground on wet grass. I only sunk down about an inch on the passenger side but had to give it hell too back out.

Can't fight fires without water!

Looking sweet!
I have a buckstop and 15k warn on my 01 f550 as well as a super single conversion. I will be watching this build closely. I currently have 37x13.50x20 on some conversion wheels built by an ag wheel manufacturer(Cant remember at moment). I am having issues with load capacity on the tires due to being almost 12k then adding a trailer with a load. I believe these tires will be the ticket.

I will tell you this, as sweet as those bumpers are I would add some extra bracing. When I hook something to the tow points the bumper moves more than I would like. With that being said, I had to pull cable up in the mountains Sunday morning and it didnt pull the bumper off!

Another warning, I dont think the lsd in these dana s130's are worth much as mine wasnt doing very much when we had to start winching. I could feel it kick out and start spinning singles front and rear. Do you have any plans for anything to deal with that?
20181209_113150.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry it’s been a while. Got a couple more things done. Things got a little crazy at Christmas time :)
60431EEF-BEBF-4562-91C9-5B2CD41A3CD2.jpeg
D172EF4F-5920-4666-9A00-66DA68AA1F8C.jpeg

Couple things I don’t like so far, for this to be a kit the bumper doesn’t seem to be clearanced enough for the tires at full turn. They almost hit just sitting on flat ground. May have to address that. Other than that that no other glaring issues.

Looking sweet!
I have a buckstop and 15k warn on my 01 f550 as well as a super single conversion. I will be watching this build closely. I currently have 37x13.50x20 on some conversion wheels built by an ag wheel manufacturer(Cant remember at moment). I am having issues with load capacity on the tires due to being almost 12k then adding a trailer with a load. I believe these tires will be the ticket.

I will tell you this, as sweet as those bumpers are I would add some extra bracing. When I hook something to the tow points the bumper moves more than I would like. With that being said, I had to pull cable up in the mountains Sunday morning and it didnt pull the bumper off!

Another warning, I dont think the lsd in these dana s130's are worth much as mine wasnt doing very much when we had to start winching. I could feel it kick out and start spinning singles front and rear. Do you have any plans for anything to deal with that?
View attachment 281940
The load rating on these are 6700#each so it’s more than enough for the gvwr of the truck. Probably not gonna worry about the LSD, it more than likely won’t see much off-road. Also did your bumper have the extra brace the connects to the front spring bolt? I don’t know if they changed anything but the one we have looked to be pretty beefy.

This is awesome. Keep up the good work!

Looking sweet!

View attachment 281940
Bumpers are generally mounted to the frame horns, which may be full of Factory holes. How it's mounted is everything!

Couple things I don’t like so far, for this to be a kit the bumper doesn’t seem to be clearanced enough for the tires at full turn. They almost hit just sitting on flat ground. May have to address that. Other than that that no other glaring issues.
I doubt the bumper manufacturer, considered the Over-sized tires! Cut & Tuck!

I doubt the bumper manufacturer, considered the Over-sized tires! Cut & Tuck!

They should, it’s all built by the same company and sold as a package. I guess we’ll see.

Got the new console ready to go in. Cleaning up a bunch of the wiring as well.
0EF8F017-EC26-4476-AD1A-EB9C58DB4AC8.jpeg

Getting pretty close. Ended up flipping the rear wheels and ran a valve stem extension through to the other side. Gained an extra 6” of width.
Got the front monitor built and painted. Just waiting on some hoses. I’ll get some more pics once it’s outside and blew off.

C8FD20DA-5826-4F74-B01E-730B30A396B8.jpeg
967061C5-6269-4E57-9952-526912B336A8.jpeg

Getting pretty close. Ended up flipping the rear wheels and ran a valve stem extension through to the other side. Gained an extra 6” of width.
Got the front monitor built and painted. Just waiting on some hoses. I’ll get some more pics once it’s outside and blew off.

View attachment 283470 View attachment 283469
What is the point of the monitor on a brush truck?

I've never pulled up to a brush fire and thought to myself "I wish I had a way to spray every gallon of water on this truck in 2 minutes" :lol:

Truck looks great btw. I just got back from a call and was showing a few guys on the dept. They want to lift our's and put some real tires on it now :lol:

What's the matter with just taking the BRT offroad???

Oh, this:

I've put a few engines in places they had no business being, and even got one or two stuck before, but never like that. I'm surprised it made it in as far as it did.

Duane

What is the point of the monitor on a brush truck?

I've never pulled up to a brush fire and thought to myself "I wish I had a way to spray every gallon of water on this truck in 2 minutes" :lol:
You can activate that guy and position it rolling as fast as you want. No speed limit because of the configuration. They have a video of a response on an interstate highway. Rolled up in an active burn. Put the car out before EMS could even get stopped.
Rolling along a brush line or the like laying down a foam blanket is really nice as well.
The feed is 2 inch, normally run an electric nozzle for fan and stream reduced to 1.5 inch.
They can throw water several truck lenths no problem. With the right air induction nozzle foam that distance is no problem.

I've Stuck a few fire trucks too! No, never like that. I wonder why he is Off the Road, in the first stuck? Then surprised it sunk again, in the road. Watching the rear tires rolling on the Pads, they looked Loaded. Did, or did they not, pump off the water, before hooking up a wrecker?

Back