Again I remind you - The Police are not your friends

Any penetrating wound from elbows and knees in can be fatal.

A recent shooting here in Charlotte. The deceased was shot 21 times before he stopped making forward movement.

It sure would be neat if they'd give these fuckboys some actual marksmanship training and teach how to NOT hit center mass. If you're going to fire, you don't have to shoot to kill.
Most LEOs have extensive training on escalation of force, and IF they are justified in using their firearm, then they are justified in shooting to kill. I do agree that the escalation of force did not seem logical or prudent in this scenario.

If I was in charge to do so, I'd hire that officer and station him to 29209 area code. I can even narrow that down to just the apartments down my street. Sometimes being a trigger happy dick is what it takes to spread the message of "calm the f**k down", and I can't afford the ammo (or reprocusions following the use of) around here anymore. There's literally so many gunshots going off daily that cops don't even show up anymore.

If I was in charge to do so, I'd hire that officer and station him to 29209 area code. I can even narrow that down to just the apartments down my street. Sometimes being a trigger happy dick is what it takes to spread the message of "calm the f**k down", and I can't afford the ammo (or reprocusions following the use of) around here anymore. There's literally so many gunshots going off daily that cops don't even show up anymore.

Not trying to rock the boat here but that was a grown ass man not a kid and the cops would not have been there had he not pointed an air rifle out of a hotel window. Just sayin

And the truth comes out. Who hasn’t wanted to shoot a grammar nazi???

A3762FDA-4247-4BD9-9494-19F4FA3E497A.jpeg

Not trying to rock the boat here but that was a grown ass man not a kid and the cops would not have been there had he not pointed an air rifle out of a hotel window. Just sayin

Overall, that's the side I stand on too. I feel like these threads are the angry white dude equivalent of a BLM rally. A snippet of video, everyone becomes an expert. Add a couple more memes and we can get ourselves a facebook verdict, by god. Like I said in my first post, I agree tact was terrible, however hindsight is 20/20...but don't put yourself in that situation in the first place. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

I just watched the video from start to shooting. It left me with a pit in my stomach and typically, things like this don't have that effect on me.

All I can say is there appears to have been numerous things that could have been done differently on both sides that would have changed the outcome significantly. In the end, when dealing with LEO, don't make sudden movements and don't appear to reach for things. The deceased may have been intoxicated to a point where he was unable to think clearly. That may have ultimately lead to a poor decision on his part that lead to the shooting.

Either way, blame appears to be on both sides.

One thing that should be pointed out is that the cop giving the commands was not the shooter, but was the shooter's superior. The cop with the "experience", the one that should have been deescalating the situation, was making it worse in every way.

One thing that should be pointed out is that the cop giving the commands was not the shooter, but was the shooter's superior. The cop with the "experience", the one that should have been deescalating the situation, was making it worse in every way.

Exactly this.

Wait, so the guy hollering all this bat shit crazy nonsense directions was not the trigger puller??

Complete cluster.

giphy.gif

Wait, so the guy hollering all this bat shit crazy nonsense directions was not the trigger puller??

Like I said...

I feel like these threads are the angry white dude equivalent of a BLM rally. A snippet of video, everyone becomes an expert. Add a couple more memes and we can get ourselves a facebook verdict, by god.

Tragic mishandling...sure, unnecessary...absolutely, justified...apparently. Just like major news media does, show as little detail as possible, forget about silly things like credibility and facts and evoke the most emotion possible. Not a single one of us was there before hand, none of us were at the trial, very few of us have been in that situation (on either side)...much less had the training to handle that situation. But some how we have quite a few 'experts' that know this dude is a power hungry twat that intentionally did what he did, just so he could shoot someone. Oh, wait...he wasn't the one giving directives...silly thing like facts getting in the way now.

Don't get me wrong, I still think it was a bad shoot. But just wanted to clarify the situation.

I'm not sure what the point is. The initial article I linked indicated the one giving instructions and the shooter were different folks.
Never in dispute.
Still a bad shoot.

And while Im on a role...

DQjhT9bXcAA0G42.jpg

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">DOJ press release: Atlanta police sergeant convicted for breaking a Walmart shopper&#39;s leg with his baton on suspicion of stealing a tomato. After finding a receipt, he filed a false report. <a href="CJ Ciaramella on Twitter">pic.twitter.com/pv7kQ8XTnN</a></p>&mdash; CJ Ciaramella (@cjciaramella) <a href="CJ Ciaramella on Twitter">December 8, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

And people wonder why police get badmouthed all the time. There is good and bad everywhere. Problem is one can't tell the bad from the good until it's to late. So one must assume they are all bad until proven otherwise. Self preservation.

And people wonder why police get badmouthed all the time. There is good and bad everywhere. Problem is one can't tell the bad from the good until it's to late. So one must assume they are all bad until proven otherwise. Self preservation.

Applicable in all walks of life. Any time I go buy parts from someone online, the wife's first question is 'are they gonna kill you'...I always say no...but who knows. She actually came along as backup/a witness for some of the NC4x4 crew...haha.

Applicable in all walks of life. Any time I go buy parts from someone online, the wife's first question is 'are they gonna kill you'...I always say no...but who knows. She actually came along as backup/a witness for some of the NC4x4 crew...haha.
I pack heat for any and all transactions. Never know. I also never meet at my house. Don’t want someone casing my house for later.

Back