Again I remind you - The Police are not your friends

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Keeping the gene pool clean since the dawn of time.
No, in tbis case the guy who was taken out of tbe gene pool had nothing to do with the stupidity.
Just an unlucky guy answering his door to a surprise SWAT team.

And not even the right house
Yep, fake call to the wrong address, results in fatal reactions due to divergent perspective of the situation. Cops had no idea it was fake or the wrong address, so they were on highest alert. Victim had no idea that the cops thought he had just murdered someone and threatened to burn the house down, so he probably just wanted to pull his pants up. They should put the repeat offender 911 calling douchebag in the custody of the victim's family and friends.

Even if it were the "right" address, the outcome might have been the same. These swat raids go sideways for a variety of reasons. Sometimes the cops screw up the address and raid the wrong house. Sometimes it's a disgruntled third party looking to inflict harm on an individual because of their political views. In almost all cases, the cops kill the dogs and sometimes they kill or main maim the people living there.

As we've discussed here previously, the argument "if you don't break the law, you don't have anything to work about" not only doesn't apply in most situations, the fact that the average US citizen unknowingly commits a couple of felonies every day invalidates that defense.

Just catching up on this thread...
As we've discussed here previously, the argument "if you don't break the law, you don't have anything to work about" not only doesn't apply in most situations, the fact that the average US citizen unknowingly commits a couple of felonies every day invalidates that defense.
@shawn I agree with the first statement, but curious about examples of the second statement: the average Joe American unknowingly committing felonies. Not trying to be a smarta$$ just never heard this argument. I could understand misdemeanors and obviously numerous moving violations, but felonies?

I really hope the gamer gets charged with some form of involuntary manslaughter or something like that. Creating the possibility of a lethal force response with a false crisis call... ...it just blows my mind. Make an example of him, because that kind of shit needs to stop. Potentially getting someone killed is not a prank.
I mean, is setting someone's house on fire a prank too, even if they are more likely to escape safely than die? WTF is wrong with people?

I'm not excusing the responsibility of the swat member who killed the man, but all of that has already been discussed.

Lethal shooting aside, I'm disgusted that the entire situation was completely avoidable as it would never have happened until artificially created...

Last edited:
A quote I saw elsewhere that seems very applicable to these sorts of scenarios:

"A "trained" police officer can be excused for misjudging a situation and reacting incorrectly, but they expect an untrained civilian to remain cool and calm while being screamed at with a gun pointed at them."

Back