also about tire pressure

Banned User

i have some new 37" SSR's, and if anyone knows a good daily driver/highway/street pressure for these than that would be great too-thanks

The chault test is best at figuring that out for yourself, but maybe someone else is using your set up as well. But, we will need to know complete tire size, wheel width, vehicle it's on and weight of vehicle.

CAS22 said:
i have some new 37" SSR's, and if anyone knows a good daily driver/highway/street pressure for these than that would be great too-thanks

do you know how much your rig actually weighs?

Greg

haha, well im glad the SSR's are E load rated because even that rating is overkill strength for my truck. I got a short bed, single cab full size chevy truck and it weighes upwards of around 8000LBS

the setup is: 37x12.50 RADIAL SSR's on Eagle Alloy 16/10" rims under my big truck, and it it matters my truck has 9" suspension lift

CAS22 said:
haha, well im glad the SSR's are E load rated because even that rating is overkill strength for my truck. I got a short bed, single cab full size chevy truck and it weighes upwards of around 8000LBS

the setup is: 37x12.50 RADIAL SSR's on Eagle Alloy 16/10" rims under my big truck, and it it matters my truck has 9" suspension lift

the chalk test is still the best test...but the mathematical formula usually will hold true to what the chalk test shows...

according to http://www.intercotire.com/site34.php your tires are rated at a max of 65 PSI @ 3640 lbs...

assuming your truck weighs 8000 lbs...

3640*4 = 14560
8000/14560 = .55
65*.55=35.75

so, you ought to be running ~35PSI for even wear...if you figure your actual weight, you could get a more accurate number...

now, you'd get better gas mileage with higher pressure due to less rolling resistance, so it just depends on what you want from your tires...

Greg

CAS22 said:

I am running the SSR's 33x12.50R16 E rated on my 7.3PSD F250 and I am running 50 psi. When I tow I but 60psi in the rear tires.

Back