America the lazy

McCracken

Logan Can't See This
I saw this as I went to Lowe's last Friday to buy some wood for a project on my shed.

http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay...gId=10051&cmRelshp=req&rel=nofollow&cId=PDIO1

aimages.lowes.com_product_converted_084931_084931842489.jpg

Are Americans so lazy now that they can't even pull the cord on their weedeaters and they need to buy a contraption to start it for them. If you're that bad why not pay the local kid down the street and not even touch the damn thing. Am I getting old?

Americans are lazy, I agree. But I don't see whats so wrong with that? If you have a problem with that we might as well still have giant hand cranks on our cars. Just seems like the natural progression of things, surprised they don't have weed eaters with electric starts built in.

Its probably harder to find a kid down the road who will cut your grass for a crisp $20 this day and age.

i posted up the snazy model. there's also a corded model. so instead of just pulling it a few times you have to find an outlet, then a drop cord then stick this thing in your weedeater and start it up. ridiculous.

it just makes me wonder how many people still own a hand saw.

I would love one of those for my weedeater. I normally have to pull that damn thing like 50 times to get it running right. Would save me from all my swearing and frustration!

this

Not all weedeaters magically start on the first pull...
My wife could use our old weedeater but I doubt she could start it

oh it's a cash cow for sure. I'm betting lots of people will see this little gadget under the Christmas tree this year. I just notice things like this ever since I worked with a guy that was kinda earthy. we went through Wal-Mart one day and he pointed out a huge 24 pack of AA batteries. To me I thought this was a good deal but he made the observation that it shows how we, as society, have more gadgets and need more batteries. Why does someone need 24 AA batteries. They've been selling 2 & 4 packs for years. Sometimes 8. eh, I think I'm just getting crotchedy in my old age (34).

Dont know what the big problem is with starting a weedeater. My $60, 7 year old weedeater brand starts up on the 2nd pull still. Chainsaw takes about 4 pulls.

It can be said that by using weedeaters, chainsaws, and any other power tool that we are all lazy. I guess we all see laziness in the action of others but not our own laziness.

oh it's a cash cow for sure. I'm betting lots of people will see this little gadget under the Christmas tree this year. I just notice things like this ever since I worked with a guy that was kinda earthy. we went through Wal-Mart one day and he pointed out a huge 24 pack of AA batteries. To me I thought this was a good deal but he made the observation that it shows how we, as society, have more gadgets and need more batteries. Why does someone need 24 AA batteries. They've been selling 2 & 4 packs for years. Sometimes 8. eh, I think I'm just getting crotchedy in my old age (34).

um - how about "b/c it's cheaper to buy them in bulk and alot easier to have a stockpile than buying small packs"? Dosn't necessarily have anything to do with needing more.
I just bout a 24 pk to go in my emergency supply bin in the basement... b/c, you know, rechargeables are a great idea and all but if you have a week+ w/o power that recharger isn't gonna do shit for you.

Well my step dad has one of these electric starters for his weedeater but he needs it b/c with his chrones disease + arthritis his wrists have already been partialy fused and his elbow can't go above his shoulder. But he still gets out and mows the yard and weedeats and blows leaves, so is he lazy?

Seems to me this was invented for people like my step dad or maybe the elderly or someone with an amputation that has a hard time pull starting something, but still wants to do the yardwork themselves. So are these people lazy?

lazy is having a cooler for beer beside your recliner in the living room instead of walking to the kitchen. having an automatic starter for a pull start engine is efficient.

there is a difference between efficient and lazy.

Well my step dad has one of these electric starters for his weedeater but he needs it b/c with his chrones disease + arthritis his wrists have already been partialy fused and his elbow can't go above his shoulder. But he still gets out and mows the yard and weedeats and blows leaves, so is he lazy?

Seems to me this was invented for people like my step dad or maybe the elderly or someone with an amputation that has a hard time pull starting something, but still wants to do the yardwork themselves. So are these people lazy?

yes, he's the laziest person I've ever heard of :rolleyes:

this wasn't made for them and you know it. quit the BS. i'm sure it's a great marketing tool but I'd bet a dollar to a donut that the majority of Americans don't have Chrone's disease or no arms. I don't see Nissan touting the benefits of the push start car to people without fingers :lol:

sounds like operator error to me
lazy is having a cooler for beer beside your recliner in the living room instead of walking to the kitchen. having an automatic starter for a pull start engine is efficient.

yeah no shit... wife is 5' tall and has mild CP w/ hand strength about like that of a 12 y/o... although if she heard you call her lazy for using something like that I bet she'd have no problem swinging a frying pan at yer head.

I would love one of those for my weedeater. I normally have to pull that damn thing like 50 times to get it running right. Would save me from all my swearing and frustration!

dont weedeatin,swearin and frustration go hand in hand???

um - how about "b/c it's cheaper to buy them in bulk and alot easier to have a stockpile than buying small packs"? Dosn't necessarily have anything to do with needing more.
I just bout a 24 pk to go in my emergency supply bin in the basement... b/c, you know, rechargeables are a great idea and all but if you have a week+ w/o power that recharger isn't gonna do shit for you.

can you honestly say that there aren't more gadgets nowadays versus 10 years ago? I think it's a valid observation.

explain. you literally saved yourself 1 minute at the most.

Yes americans are lazy. With that being said the torn rotator in my shoulder would like this. However I am so lazy I just spray round up. :flipoff2:

um yeah like above... wife is 5' tall and has mild CP w/ hand strength about like that of a 12 y/o... although if she heard you call her lazy for using something like that I bet she'd have no problem swinging a frying pan at yer head

if she can swing a frying pan, she can pull a string :flipoff2:

if she can swing a frying pan, she can pull a string :flipoff2:

pulling a string requires find motor control and strong fingers, my friend. Gripping a pan handle baseball bat style does not...

lazy is having a cooler for beer beside your recliner in the living room instead of walking to the kitchen.

That sounds pretty efficient to me. there's a fine line between efficient and lazy and further advancements in efficiency make us more lazy. Buy one of these electric starters and you won't ever want to pull start another piece of power equipment.

Sure there are 1000x more gadgets now than there was 10 years ago but your argument is kinda invalid from behind a computer. California DMV is supposed to be making laws for autonomous(sp?) cars, its only going to get worse until it ends. Its a sad world we live in.

I don't think your getting old you just need to quit hanging out with the "Earthy" dude. Hell he probably has an I phone.

That sounds pretty efficient to me. there's a fine line between efficient and lazy and further advancements in efficiency make us more lazy. Buy one of these electric starters and you won't ever want to pull start another piece of power equipment.

Sure there are 1000x more gadgets now than there was 10 years ago but your argument is kinda invalid from behind a computer. California DMV is supposed to be making laws for autonomous(sp?) cars, its only going to get worse until it ends. Its a sad world we live in.

I don't think your getting old you just need to quit hanging out with the "Earthy" dude. Hell he probably has an I phone.

I don't consider a computer a gadget but tomato, tomato. that doesn't really translate well over the interwebs does it?

dont weedeatin,swearin and frustration go hand in hand???

Very true, but it is more about minimizing it I guess. For every electric weedeater starter there is a broken line in the head that will require much swearing and bashing of said weedeater. :lol:

I don't consider a computer a gadget but tomato, tomato. that doesn't really translate well over the interwebs does it?
Its not now but it was at one point and someone probably said the same stuff as you when the apple II came out. Don't get me wrong I don't like all the crap we have now a days abut some stuff isn't that evil and I too buy batteries in bulk.

Back