America the lazy

I thought about a goat to fight my poison ivy battle in the lower part of my property. Probably just borrow one because I am too lazy to keep one permanently!

Very true, but it is more about minimizing it I guess. For every electric weedeater starter there is a broken line in the head that will require much swearing and bashing of said weedeater. :lol:

I always wondered how many of theses folks w elec lawnmowers have ran over their own cord.

yes, he's the laziest person I've ever heard of :rolleyes:

this wasn't made for them and you know it. quit the BS. i'm sure it's a great marketing tool but I'd bet a dollar to a donut that the majority of Americans don't have Chrone's disease or no arms. I don't see Nissan touting the benefits of the push start car to people without fingers :lol:
Someone is deffensive! Lol
But seriously I bet the person who invented this got the idea from having to help someone like the ones I mentioned, probably in their own family. But I said that to make a point that your point of this being the thing making america lazy. Things like this starter or a weedeater or a tractor,etc... is what's making america lazy???
How abut the sorry ass parents that raise their kids, handing them everything and never teaching them you have to work for what you need/want, and telling them the gov't will take care of you.
The reason america is lazy b/c somewhere down the line people started getting a feeling of entitlement and the parents passed it on and so forth. The problems in america today can all be traced back to the family at one time or another, not a gadget.

This isn't lazy.....

buying a goat like my neighbor down the street did so he wouldn't have to mow his overgrown lawn on the other hand......

Not in a HOA.:D They work real well on banks and other unmoweable terrain but they are less trouble if you have two.

This isn't lazy.....

buying a goat like my neighbor down the street did so he wouldn't have to mow his overgrown lawn on the other hand......

I have one on the lower half of my property? 3 mexicans couldn't compare and his maintenance is extremely low... :D Working on fencing in the shop as well for he's about to work himself out of a job.:huggy:

When I was young, I worked harder than smart. But as I aged, working smart, not hard became my motto. The innovation for a better way will always exist due to technology and the will for someone to patent an idea to make a living or even become rich. Some inventions may not suceed but cudos to the ones that do for I try to buy every power tool available that I see as benificial. Even my $67 Porter-Cable Radio has paid for itself for try motivating a team of 3 or more college kids into painting a rental with no power turned on.:rolleyes:

Same theory would apply to putting hydraulic over air onto a tube bender? I think 99.9% would agree on here that it's easier and even better, not lazyness.

I too saw this one but figured I had it covered with my battery drill...

Not in a HOA.:D They work real well on banks and other unmoweable terrain but they are less trouble if you have two.

The one I have was rescued from an abusing home. He's more of a guard goat than a mate for a partner. We tried putting him with a nanny my neighbor has and her neck was bleeding before I could get him off of her. "Carl" is my bud and follows me around but I dare someone else come into his area.:flipoff2: I can NOT wait to get him over at the shop.

But seriously I bet the person who invented this got the idea from having to help someone like the ones I mentioned, probably in their own family. But I said that to make a point that your point of this being the thing making america lazy. Things like this starter or a weedeater or a tractor,etc... is what's making america lazy???
How abut the sorry ass parents that raise their kids, handing them everything and never teaching them you have to work for what you need/want, and telling them the gov't will take care of you.
The reason america is lazy b/c somewhere down the line people started getting a feeling of entitlement and the parents passed it on and so forth. The problems in america today can all be traced back to the family at one time or another, not a gadget.
47% of Americans are lazy enough to notwork and live off the govt tit.

We tried putting him with a nanny my neighbor has and her neck was bleeding before I could get him off of her.

Some places that considered foreplay.:smokin:

Good old fashioned american effort.

awww.abarnyard.com_workshop_images_handcrank.jpg

Gadget thats gonna make americans lazy

awww.automotiveillustrations.com_carimages_ghosted_car_starter_motor.jpg

Statistics show that that the average american spends 5-8 hours a month on yard maintenance. 4-7 hours of that is spent trying to get pull start motors started.

Perhaps the reason for so much time spent trying to start a pull start motor is due to being lazy about maintenance. I put time into maintenance and my stuff fires right up.

A weedeater w a clapped out carb can have a fancy lithium ion powered starter gadget burned up in no time flat. But the masses will see an easy fix for a frustration and buy it.... only to be further frustrated.

you're funny

Good old fashioned american effort.

awww.abarnyard.com_workshop_images_handcrank.jpg

Gadget thats gonna make americans lazy

awww.automotiveillustrations.com_carimages_ghosted_car_starter_motor.jpg

that man is a man's man. putting a little muscle into it never hurt anyone.

People must not be to lazy because w/ tax that thing is a little over $50 not including the special weedeater you must buy. A person that makes $15 per hr. brings home $12 per hour. He would have to work 4.5 hrs. at his job to buy this thing if you figured $50 for the product and $5 in gas to go buy it.
If it takes thirty seconds to start a weed eater which is a stretch it would take 540 starts before he started profiting above his take home pay.
If he weedeats four times a month for seven months and only cranks it one time like I usually do it would take him 19.29 years for it to pay for itself.

If we want to get technical people are not lazy they are stupid.
Exception made for the handicapped that probably shouldn't be weedeating to begin with.

you're funny

that man is a man's man. putting a little muscle into it never hurt anyone.
I didn't say it to be funny, its the truth. The problems in this world start at home.

And to clear it up I may not be a mans man, but I am a man and I know a few things about putting some muscle into it. I was raised on a farm, and had my first fulltime job during the summer when I was 8yrs old. I worked a fulltime job during highschool and played 3 sports and still passed with a's and b's. I worked and graduated college at the same time and I'm currently working 2 fulltime jobs now. All the while I still made time for family friends having fun and now my wife.
Next time you want to call somebody lazy you need to look somewhere else, I've worked too hard to be considered lazy.

I didn't say it to be funny, its the truth. The problems in this world start at home.

And to clear it up I may not be a mans man, but I am a man and I know a few things about putting some muscle into it. I was raised on a farm, and had my first fulltime job during the summer when I was 8yrs old. I worked a fulltime job during highschool and played 3 sports and still passed with a's and b's. I worked and graduated college at the same time and I'm currently working 2 fulltime jobs now. All the while I still made time for family friends having fun and now my wife.
Next time you want to call somebody lazy you need to look somewhere else, I've worked too hard to be considered lazy.
I hate to say this but your either stretching the truth on some of your statements or your superman. Which is it?

Which part are you confused about?
This part

"my first fulltime job during the summer when I was 8yrs old. I worked a fulltime job during highschool and played 3 sports and still passed with a's and b's. I worked and graduated college at the same time and I'm currently working 2 fulltime jobs now. All the while I still made time for family friends having fun and now my wife."

I'm not disputing your a hard worker but there is not enough time in the week for some of your adventures.

During summertime before I had my license I went and caught chickens now of course when I had a rec ball game or practice I didn't work.
During highschool I did normal 8-3 classes 1 sport each season (soccer, wrestling, and golf). After practice which was usually to 530 I went home ate and took a nap then from 8pm till about 1or 2 am I drove a truck hauling chickens. Now it was sometimes only 2 nights a week and sometimes it was 5 nights just depended on the scheduling of the chicken growers. And of course if I had a game I didn't work.
Then when I went to uti I worked a job 6am-2pm then had the afternoon classes.
Now I work 3rd industrial maintenance and work during the day with a contractor.
Didn't work weekends during school or now and like with the chicken business carpentry is the same sometimes your slammed pther times your not.
But if I have something I want to do I take off, I have my weekends to spend with friends and family and wife and if that's not enough I just take off. I work when I don't have anything better to do and when I got something I want to do I make time for it.

Now back on course with the thread,
I don't think the gadgets are making us lazy, I think it is how we have let people become so dependant on govt and other people for things they should be doing or providing for themselves that have made us lazy. With all these gadgets it should make people more productive, but instead the people that have been bottlefed all their lives look and say why should I work when they can do the workof 5 of me so they sit there drawing unemployment getting fat offf food stamps and driving around in their cadillac listening to their iphone 5 and smoking a cigarette.

*yawn*

ablogs.westword.com_showandtell_03_20cool_20story_20bro.jpg

necessity is the mother of invention...... This may be good for the older or crippled out there who may not be able to pull start a weedeater but have to do it themselves..... Aww hell who am I kidding the fat ass who buys this probably has a handicap placard for being just that.... FAT!

Here's another who would like that. My weedeater is real hard to start. So, last summer, my yard got weed eated once and I paid someone to do it.
Not lazy, have issues

Back