Another annoying what's it worth thread.

lockedup5

overcompensating underachiever
1985 CJ-7 that I done a frame off restoration on back in 2002. It's never seen rain and hasn't been out of the garage in probably 7-8 years.(less than 500 miles on it since restoration) Mainly because I melted a piston in the 4.2 six cylinder. A dolled up AMC 360 with 80ish K miles is in the process of being installed now.
T-176/300
d30/amc20
4" suspension lift
3" body lift
35" boggers/weld wheels(95%)
hard top
lots of after market stainless(no chrome)
digital gauges
nice radio
custom upholstery
It's won every car show it has been in ever

BAD:
Two small spots in paint half the size of a dime
Axle gears do not match

I'm tired of it sitting plus I've lost all interest in show vehicles since I started wheeling ten years ago. I'd also like my garage space back.
I'm not dead set on selling it mainly because it's the vehicle I got married in and there is a lot of sentimental value to it for me but even with a new engine in it I don't see it ever getting driven really.

I know I'll get the usual smart ass remarks but I'd like some serious real world opinions on it's value also.

Thanks

IMG_20170928_132912706_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170928_121119658_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170928_121257746_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170928_121338078_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170928_121325503_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170928_121148745_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Whatever you list it for, @amcjeepman will find a way to purchase it for 1/80 of the listed price while making you feel like he's done YOU a favor by buying it!

I was going to say 10k. Esp if it has stainless sidepipes on it.

There are CJ7s not near as nice that go for 5-7k, so i think this one could bring more. Not sure if the boggers will help or hurt the sell, for someone wanting a nice street jeep.

I think you could get 8-10 for it without a problem. Just sucks at how many kickers you're going to have to deal with to find that person that wants it. You might come out better seeing if someone would trade you some road muds for the boggers. It's going to give the perception that it rides worse than it already does.

To be honest, if it was closer to stock height, axle gears matched and had some AT's instead of Boggers you could likely get $12-15K in the right place.
I would ask $10 like it is but this is a finding the right type of buyer situation.
I'll give you $5K for it now and save you the trouble. :D

I guess I'm an idiot. I just turned down more than any of the numbers y'all have suggested except @amcjeepman . And that was with the engine blown and taken apart.
Guess I was hoping y'all would say CJ prices are out the roof right now and with the 360 in it it should bring big money. Oh well.

For the numbers that have been thrown around in this thread I'll probably just end up keeping it any how. I guess it's worth more to me in sentimental value and that's what kills me. It's hard for me to sell stuff.
Hell never know I might throw a set of tons under it and save it for the kids for when they start to wheel.

I'm sure James would let you store it at his house. He'd let you see it from time to time. He has a Jeep spa where CJ's get to have fun with other CJ's, and by other I mean all the cherry CJ's in the southeast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I guess I'm an idiot. I just turned down more than any of the numbers y'all have suggested except @amcjeepman . And that was with the engine blown and taken apart.
Guess I was hoping y'all would say CJ prices are out the roof right now and with the 360 in it it should bring big money. Oh well.

For the numbers that have been thrown around in this thread I'll probably just end up keeping it any how. I guess it's worth more to me in sentimental value and that's what kills me. It's hard for me to sell stuff.
Hell never know I might throw a set of tons under it and save it for the kids for when they start to wheel.
I would put the new engine in it, swap to street tires, and drive the mother (on nice days, of course). Put a for sale sign in the window with your price.

If you're gonna keep it, might as well drive it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I know I'll get the usual smart ass remarks but I'd like some serious real world opinions on it's value also.

Thanks
How much does it weigh??? Your welcome.

Imo I would fix/have fixed the issues listed, remove the body lift, and add street tires and price it 12k. Think it would sell fairly quick, especially if you can take it to the autofair.

I think that's an ebay darling.
I wouldn't be surprised to see you get $15k on ebay as is.

Back