....another Callalantee trip... 12/28 and 12/29

It looks like I will be heading I40 to 421...I'll be driving an excursion w/ my black TJ on a my trailer...you can't miss the excursion it's burgundy w/ my Redskin magnets on the side. I'll plan on being there around 830am

I'll be on CB channel 4 in my excursion.

Jeremy
703 795 3258

Something since last Friday?

Been looking, but not finding anything. Although looks like the 12-2 pm closures on Tues and Thurs are still in effect

Looks like it will be wet. I plan to be on the trail around 1 or 2 in the afternoon. I might just do the Skyline trail and call it a day. Save the fun stuff for Saturday. It looks to clear up by then.
I'll be on 4 on the CB as well.

Sounds like fun in the rain. I will be in my pile of :poop: with primer paint and mismatch doors and top. Good thing is it will look better with mud all over it. :Rockon:

Weather sounds good for tomorrow!! Sounds like a fun day of rompin thru the mud! LOL!:bounce2:

Got the ol yeller Jeep locked and loaded! (even got the boggers put on it for this trip!)

Ready for an early departure in the morning!:driver:

Had a pretty good time today...GOT WET...never did find the stupid Welder trail and the "waterfall" but it was still fun.
Hobart...It was nice to meet cha. We will get together again sometime and you can show us where the good stuff is.And dont forget the pics
Tad...Thanks again , we had a good time and I hope to go some other places as well...let me know if you want to go again in Jan. I will try to go.

Thanks for let'n me jump in your group Matt and Tad...Matt I hope your wife is feeling better...bummer that she started feeling so bad. It it makes you feel any better it only started raining harder...it would be great to jump in w/ you guys the next time you go. I am no expert but I think I could find Welder next time.

Thanks to Chris for showing me around after Tad and Matt left...and Great Driving Jarod (i'll explain in a minute). We headed straight for welder...in the hard rain...and proceeded up. Chris said he had never seen waterfall w/ so much water and since it was going to be dark soon we took the bypass...there is always next time. The trail turned into a big mudslide to where you could barely walk up up. Chris made it up over an obstacle and was coming back to help Jarod out when his jeep lost total traction...he grabbed a rock to give more stubility...but the Jeepster shifted backwards than got momentum...Chris yells look out...I look up and see his Commando coming down the mountain w/ him chasing it. Not good. Jarod was in his jeep...about 50 ft back is my jeep...I bail off into the woods and Jarod start driving down the hill backwards w/ the Commando gaining on him...he gets to my jeep and decides to turn into the woods...I thought my jeep was a goner...just as he turned so did the commando...you'll see the impact. Nobody was hurt. The commando was in gear you could hear the engine winding out...very weird.

My first time to Callanltee was off the hook...I know there is more and can't wait to get back.

Below is the link to my pics.

http://picasaweb.google.com/HobartJeep/CallalanteeTrip

THAT SOUNDS SWEET!!!! I knew we should have stayed..:shaking: I hate we missed it but Jen is still sick...shes in the bed as we speak. But I would love to go back and try my luck @ the good stuff. I did have a good time and I hope to go back sometime in Jan. :driver: I am glad you guys had a good time up there!!!

boom

Yeah, i had a blast this past weekend, me and chris were the only ones brave(or stupid) enough to camp out friday and saturday. Even with the commando hitting my jeep part, it was alot of fun. thanks for the pics hobart.

I'm gonna try to make it back in Jan. Hopefully this time we will have a decent map and actually hit the good stuff. Nice to meet you guys.

Yep, next mod on the list is a PAIR of line locks. I can't believe it started down the hill, turning the engine backwards in 4 low/1st, over a basketball sized rock I had put behind the tire:eek:.
I had already winched one full cable pull and a second half when I unhooked it and it took off. All I could do was yell, run, and pray. Luckily no one was hurt.

We had fun playing around on Saturday, and met up with the rest of the BDB at the hill climb. Followed them up to Little Telico and Pull cable to watch the carnage.
Its nice to see the "big" guys have to pull a little cable now and then.:popcorn:

What time did every one leave? We got there about 1:30-2:00
on Sunday and the place looked like a ghost town.

Back