Another PSA for all....

mommucked

Endeavoring to persevere
I have now met 3 people in 2 years who have been infected w this illness that apparently has no cure.

A Tick Bite Could Make You Allergic to Meat—and It's Spreading

If you get it you become highly allergic to eating meat from ANY hooved animal. That means NO MORE eating beef,pork,lamb,goat, deer,elk,moose,etc. or no more steak :eek:,hamburgers :eek:,ribs :eek:, bacon :eek: pork chops :eek: etc. even hot dogs could kill you. The 3rd guy got it Turkey hunting in northern Wake county this year, came home w 2 ticks on him, 3 weeks later he was in the ER hours after eating a steak. He had never had and allergic reaction in his life before then. He's a big guy and told me he had lost about 20 lbs. after only eating chicken/fish/seafood and Ostrich (it is delicious ). I told him I'd probly live longer not eating red meat but I won't be as happy not enjoying a bleeding steak/hamburger or backstrap and can't imagine not eating red meat and bacon for the rest of my life :eek:. Please do everything you can to keep ticks off yourself when hunting/fishing/wheeling/camping etc. Permethrin is great stuff, treat your boots/socks/pants/shirts/jackets etc. Knee high rubber boots w pants tucked in them is another great defense and really helps w chiggers too when you're walking/hunting in the woods. I've also heard there may be a dozen or more tick diseases that are being studied today that have not been officially identified.

This happened to me about three years ago. Tick bite from a Lone Star tick and I can no longer eat beef. If I do, i break out in hives 4-6 hours later. Haven't had beef in three years. Can still eat pork though.

Damn vegan biological warfare. Next thing you know the crossfit freaks will find a way to genetically engineer a mosquito that causes you to be allergic to the couch

Read an article about this a couple weeks ago. Shortly after was out in the yard, found a tick attached right where my elbow bends. I knew it was the end of beef for me. Luckily, 3-4 weeks and several burgers later, I'm ok. I'm probably a super hero.

I think it's a conspiracy from the chicken industry to boost profits

I hope my wife don't get it.

d6ea88d7e899e56ab3975a0e1e92800892fe147d15d498cf86bec0bf30f355ef.jpg

No... Ill pass on this shit, I'm allergic to allergy meds so I'd just die I suppose!?

Back