Anyone watching CNN?

Rob

Administrator
Administrator
We have it piped into our computers here at work. It's ugly down in LA and MS. The bridge on I10 crossing the Mississippi River is about destoryed. Massive flooding, it will take years to recover from this.

Yeah It is like a war zone only sat Video phones. and there really has not been alot of new pictures which means they can not get there. If it was closer Id say let's drive down to help out. But we would most likely get in the way.

That same thought about driving down to help out has crossed my mind several times this evening. I couldn't imagine going through all that. I am just wondering how much of New Orleans is going to be salvaged if it really as bad as the media makes it sound. Since it is below sea level and there is a good chance this could happen again, from a purely logical point of view is it even worth rebuilding?

the worst part of this CNN coverage is watching all this PWT and ghetto fawkers completely looting the city. They just need to be shot in the face, no room in the prison anyway. :mad:

That same thought about driving down to help out has crossed my mind several times this evening.
If you do, take the trail rigs. I doubt if even 4WD tow rigs would make it thru that. And keep the tube rigs OUT of water, those big tires will just be pontoons on something that light.

Geez! :(

Joel said:
That same thought about driving down to help out has crossed my mind several times this evening. I couldn't imagine going through all that. I am just wondering how much of New Orleans is going to be salvaged if it really as bad as the media makes it sound. Since it is below sea level and there is a good chance this could happen again, from a purely logical point of view is it even worth rebuilding?

Volunteer for the Red Cross.

I probably would if I could get the time off. I probably should be working on our Win2003 and Exchange 2003 migration since we are only 3 weeks out from go live but NC4x4 is more fun.

Really, what folks need down there is pontoon boats with a shallow draft so they can get folks out. I have been talking to a friend that is a Ham operator, and he is chomping at the bit to go down. Work and family and lack of balls (and training) prevent us. The ambulance service was on last night saying they had to suspend operations until they had armed guards to protect them from getting attacked. People there were attacking them to get out, while they were trying to save people in the hospital. Going as far as try and sink or tip the boats over because they weren't helping THEM.

This is going to end up as big as that tidal wave last christmas.

J

Back