[Apr 21, 2017] The SHOP Spring open ride (Marion NC)

I'm not a big fan of steep hills with my heavy pig. I prefer the large rocks. But I have to ask what is this winch hill like? Pictures? I looked at the FB and didn't see a lot of pictures of trails and obstacles.

It's pretty steep, has one off camber section. But it has the perfect winch tree to pull from. You should be fine @ghost

Cages, harnesses, and helmets are recommended on all red trails.Self recovery equipment is also highly recommended.

Hoping to take Friday off and come up for the afternoon as long as work will allow. My weekend is booked. Will there be any action on Friday? I would be bringing my stock CJ5 and would do more watching than wheeling.

Gates will open at noon, maybe earlier. How many folks will be there? who knows. I hope a lot will come and stay all weekend!

**UPDATE**

After you make the turn south off of I-40(if that's the way you come) You will drive 4 1/2 miles or so and there is a right turn. That turn is closed due to bridge construction. Continue straight until you come to a stop sign. That's Mudcut road. Take the detour directions making a right turn. That will bring you out right near The SHOP. You will see the Dollar General in front of you, turn left, and we are about a half mile on the left.

Sorry for the inconvenience. The State decided to tear down a perfectly bad bridge!

Oh and for those who always look for the camel "Hump for Trump" you'll miss him this go around!

Plannin' to roll in Friday afternoon for some desperately needed R&R!

:driver:

I hope you guys can find me a tour guide!

Some trail pics. Havent got any of the 4 new trails, yet!
That looks nice. I get to Harlan on once a year and I'd really like to go somewhere else other than Gulches for a challenge....

Back