[Apr 21, 2017] The SHOP Spring open ride (Marion NC)

Just as an FYI...

I have covered this land from bottom to the top, excluding obstacles, in my DD. An open/open, D35/discoD30, 3.73 gear, 4.0 Comanche, with 32" BFG A/Ts. (and I didn't turn over!:rolleyes:)

I think you will enjoy yourself!

Excited for the first time out this season. And first time with tow rig and trailer.

Oh yeah, I remember driving to and from wheeling places. I finally broke down and got me a tow rig and trailer when I was having to borrow parts, just to drive home. No matter what happens on the trail, you have the piece of mind of having a way home.

@upnover My buddy that's driving down from VA will be getting there late, late Friday night. Y'all aren't locking the gate or anything are you? Also, what's the total bill for driver and rig? $10 or $20?

Wish I could make it! Unfortunately my work and this park haven't aligned schedules in 2yrs it seems.

Didn't know if the driver was included in the rig $10. I understand not letting 10 of your buddies ride in on the back the way we used to rip off the drive in movies.

@upnover My buddy that's driving down from VA will be getting there late, late Friday night. Y'all aren't locking the gate or anything are you? Also, what's the total bill for driver and rig? $10 or $20?

They will be able to get in the parking lot, we don't gate it.If he's tent camping he can get up there too, but no tow rigs up there, just trail rigs and tents and yes Driver and rig, $20

When I looked last it was Saturday and Sunday.... So how fun is it when wet?

Difficulty rises. We have about 900 feet in elevation change from parking lot to top of park. Makes for good times!

I'll be there beating on the heep. Hotel booked. Coming in some time Friday Afternoon.

While we've had some rain, it's not been heavy. I am 20 miles from The SHOP, no usual washing of my drive, no soggy yard this morning, either walking or driving my Burban. Even walked into the garden, not mushy. So, if it doesn't rain any more/much, we should be in good shape. Upside, the pollen count will be down for the allergy sufferers, and, the trails always seem to "come in" after enough traffic. PLUS shouldn't be any dust!

Back