April 20th 2013 Workday

krzyabncanuck

BLM HOTSHOT
This is the next scheduled workday.

But that being said, we do not just have to work on these days up there. We can set up a day that works for more people. We just have to let the USFS know what our days / plans are.

Now, I would like to see us spend the day working on RML to get it closer to opening back up. Good thing i rode it the other month during the workday.

I'm in.

I'm there! I can recruit several friends too.

Im in, Those of you that posted up that you have access to augers, we need you out there.

Darren, how much gaurdrail stock is out at the range now, have we gotten another load.

None at the range, there's 4 short pieces at art lilley.

Sent from my mobile Toyota base using Tapatalk

None at the range, there's 4 short pieces at art lilley.

Sent from my mobile Toyota base using Tapatalk

You are correct Sir. Please see the other thread about what is happening on RML for the time being.

Im in, Those of you that posted up that you have access to augers, we need you out there.

Darren, how much gaurdrail stock is out at the range now, have we gotten another load.

Please read the other thread to see the latest i just got from Terry. An email will be forth coming soon from her when she gets aproval of what exactly to say.

I have an auger on a bobcat but there's an event that weekend I was already planning to go to, can we .maybe setup a workday for the following weekend? Guess it depends also on what we hear back from the forest service.

Over at Zuwharrie.com (Zuks + Uwharrie = Zuwharrie) we have a decent sized group of Suzuki guys that know the area and are willing to help in any way possible, but we also don't need a bunch of people standing around. So how many people do you have, how many do you need, and where is our time best spent? We have members from minutes away to 10+ hours away that are willing to give up some of their wheeling time to help keep the place they love to wheel open. We just went through something similar at RCPFA (Rock Crawlers for the Preservation of Future Access) in Crozet, VA (next to Charlottesville) which is a private off-road park with some incredibly technical wheeling (many trails make Kodak look like a paved road). RCPFA place is still open, but we are limited to where we can wheel (certain trails closed when wet, others closed to prevent erosion, etc).

We are here for the weekend, but are willing to help on the 20th and/or 21st and a group of us can be at the Eldorado Outpost at 8am or the Hunt Camp parking lot at 9am. So please post here or send me a message directly and we can get organized.

Sean DeVinney

Sean, and all others.

At this time i do not know what we will be doing, it is too early to say. I was just trying to get this out there ASAP as to the next workday. There should not be people standing around during one of these, stuff happens where more people show up than what was said by clubs and the FS is not prepared, or too little show up and not enough gets done. I myself can not stand to show up and be standing around, but like i was told we are just a bunch of volunteers and people can do what they want . I broke out a DS hat one day and alot of people got ticked off. Said i was too much of a ______ driver. But stuff got done and earlier so we could do some wheelin.

BTW Sean, I still miss Art. He was in my unit.

Even if we are not able to work on rml the next workday there are still some other places that I heard needs to be addressed. I know Len and Zach and a few of the other guys said there is still some more areas on dickey bell that need guardrail. Still run into the problem of not enough rail.

Sean, and all others.

At this time i do not know what we will be doing, it is too early to say. I was just trying to get this out there ASAP as to the next workday. There should not be people standing around during one of these, stuff happens where more people show up than what was said by clubs and the FS is not prepared, or too little show up and not enough gets done. I myself can not stand to show up and be standing around, but like i was told we are just a bunch of volunteers and people can do what they want . I broke out a DS hat one day and alot of people got ticked off. Said i was too much of a ______ driver. But stuff got done and earlier so we could do some wheelin.

BTW Sean, I still miss Art. He was in my unit.

He was a great guy and most of us Zuk guys will be staying at his campground the 19th through the 21st so come by and say hi anytime.

Even if we are not able to work on rml the next workday there are still some other places that I heard needs to be addressed. I know Len and Zach and a few of the other guys said there is still some more areas on dickey bell that need guardrail. Still run into the problem of not enough rail.

Figure out how to get the gaurdrail because it sounds like the troops are mobilized and ready to work!

Sean

Bumping to the top. Had alot of people at the Jamboree say they would help us out there on the workdays. I can only hope we could get 30 - 50 % actually come out. That would be around 20 people to help us get this going.

Bumping to the top. Had alot of people at the Jamboree say they would help us out there on the workdays. I can only hope we could get 30 - 50 % actually come out. That would be around 20 people to help us get this going.
You have a pm.

I'll be there, anything I can bring to help out? Or just show up ready to work?
Standby on this. Terry is out of the office this week and I will be getting an update on what the plans are....

We usually get them about a week out. That has been the case for awhile now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Back